Chapter 3

Back at the Pack house Steven was stubborn and wanted to form the alliance on the day itself. A few of the elders protested. And Steven, he tried to hide the fact that he'd been bested, fought tooth and nail against the elders that even the elders had to concede the truth of what had happened. But Kevin was sure. He would not allow this charade of a war to continue. Not after yesterday. If not for Celine he would have lost his brother. Kevin hugged him tight not caring about the elders. "I am glad you are okay brother " Kevin whispered and Steven smiled hugging back.

But the next morning an envoy is sent stating the arrangement for peace talks by Devon Rickson. With a corney letter for Steven from Celine Rickson. Kevin and all the Pack members watch the youngest Flint giddy dunked in love. for that matter,they were duty bound to accept the alliance.

Seeing Steven like this. His mind wondered to his own mate. He had spent most of the days in between the battle worrying over the ache in his side, in pain and so relieved to be, so pleased when the pain didn't just stop, that his mate had survived the war.

And then there was the White Demon. The Demon Wolf of the White Lotus Pack.

There were many rumors about him floating around wherever the wind carried. That he was a reincarnation of the evil, A wild beast tamed by the Alpha Siblings. White as snow with eyes like blood. A long White mane making it an unusual sight. The deadly glint in his eyes and the swiftness of his attacks said that he was a weapon forged by the Goddess and given a breath of life of its own.Intense and angry. Small but intimidating. The White Demon among the wolf clan. Kevin himself was terrified to look at him. And after yesterday's encouter he simply loathed him.

Kevin had asked Steven about his encounter with the Demon. But he only answered in bits and pieces.

And much to his luck, he was thrown away and somehow found his mate without being killed by the Demon.
Kevin's blood boiled .He feared for his little brother. And to think about peace with a Demon still lurking out there was impossible. Maybe he could convince his friend to get rid of him. That Monster attacked his brother. Third Son of their family. Son of the former Alpha. He could demand retribution before the Alliance. Yes Kevin was going to do that. He needed to remove that emotionless bastard Or if nothing works he should atleast be restrained in a cell. And used only during wars. As the weapon he is.

During one of their meetings with the White Lotus Pack. he asked Devon about the growing rumors about demonic wolf if he had sold his soul to the Devil. Devon started blabbering about how he wasn't a demon, how everyone failed to see him as human, and saw his power before seeing his true self.

Kevin told Devon about how all his packmates almost pissed their pants at the mention of him, but where they were faced with paralyzing terror. They also wanted to stop fighting but staying with the Demon was a bit too hard for them.

Kevin thought of a plan. An opportunity to bind the Demon to his pack forever.

An opportunity to have a destructive power of unknown caliber ready to fight alongside them, should the need arise.

It's a good thing that he and Devon were still working for peace between their Packs; perhaps it was about time they set all their plans in motion.

"You're mad, Brother," Stefan said. His eyes were wide open, and he was shaking his head in disbelief. "Restraining the Demon" Didn't settle well with him. Kevin looked at his little brother. With the work and progress with the alliance. How less he sees his little brothers. Although Steven was a different case talking with Celine exchanging letters and day dreaming when he is not. But Stefan.He looked tired with bags under his eyes. But Kevin knew better than to ask. Steven was the type of child who talked only when he was ready. Kevin's thoughts were dispersed as Stefan growled. "Absolutely mad.Brother I don't think you should be worrying about that anymore. It was war. Everyone fought with the intent of killing. It wasn't any different for the Albino Wolf" He said clearly displeased.But why was Stefan defending the Monster so much. "That monster tried to kill our brother Steff." Kevin growled, angry and frustrated. "As well as Steve. I was there. I was fighting Steve's mate. And brother Steve is my twin I do care for him. But it was clear that wolf was holding back, he showed mercy or else our Steve wouldn't have seen another day. For which I am thankful to him. So I would like you stop seeing him as the monster. He is just a kid" Stefan said and walked away. Leaving Kevin in his thoughts. Mercy. Kid. That Monster. No it didn't settle well. Maybe Stefan could forgive him. Maybe Steven himself could forgive him. But Kevin he wouldn't be able to do that. He wouldn't be able to stay in peace where that monster lived.

Kevin heaved a sigh.He composed himself. Soon he needed to face the elders.He also knew that they would agree. A way to keep the Demon in check.

When Kevin met Devon at this headquarters for the Alliance talks. He had already talked with the elders. It was decided that the Demon should be given up. Or he was to be given to them as prisoner. His log-brained fool was overjoyed to know that they will have the peace they so desired so soon. And they were also thinking of combining both the packs later.

"But I have a condition" Kevin said. "How can there be peace when the Demon still lurks out there?" He asked

Devon frowned. "Demon?"

"Yes, The Demon wolf. Or white Demon whatever." Because Devon and his men may be human, but that monster was not. The being in the human skin. The teeth in its mouth were canine long, and the red eyes set into that white face with white hair was unearthly. "He's a demon."

And all the packs knew it. Even the Coyotes and the foxes stirred clear from him. The monster was a terror on the field, unmerciful. Expressionless. If it was not for the packs possession of the demon, Kevin wouldnt have lost so many men to the demon.

"He bears the name," Devon said, after a pause, "but I understand your caution. I assure you he believes in ceasefire."

"How can we trust in that?" Kevin asked Devon. "As long as he lives, we cannot have peace."

He would not risk his Pack to the Demon's whim. To Devon's casual leash on the monster. It was laughable too. What would a demon care for peace and ceasefire? What does it care for any mortal thing other than blood?

"He isn't a monster" Devon said, firmly, as if he was getting offended and it was pitiful to see how the man believe that. "What would you have me do?"

His eyes were steady as they met Kevin's own. There was truth in his sincerity, in his willingness to repent. For this old friend, Kevin would try. He would save his Pack from the path their ancestors had cast them upon.

"Give him to me then," Kevin demanded. "I would keep him in check within the pack."

"But-" Devon's eyes widened.

"I will not accept peace of any sort if you do not give give him to me."