Epilogue One

The silence of the cells was almost soothing to Dellert. His thoughts consisted of nothing but remorse. His Pack was annihilated. This was his fault to begin with. He was so engrossed with his father's deaths that he chose to forget about everything else. He had pushed his friends to their deaths.

This was the first battle they had lost and this was the first time he felt as if fighting on a battlefield. And the enemies he fought were all primed Alpha's and Luna's and ready to fight, as they stared their enemy down with false bravado and a strong will to live. An united silent promise, that no, they would not die. They would not be slain by the hand of the craziest Pack.

And that has been his mate's pack. His mate, whom he never knew, came forward to ask for his life.

Dellert could only remain silent. He was confused and angry at his mate. How could someone like that exist. That shook his entire being. His mate had asked to spare a killer, a beast who hasn't spared a thought anything after killing someone.

And his mate had asked that Alpha to spare his life.

Dellert was baffled and tired. He was tired of everything.

And thoughts about Markian's felt like the escape from reality in the Dingy cold cell. It almost reminded him of his childhood of how his father's were killed for being mutants. His hate for the tribes. His dead friends.

Dellert felt, if he thought more about everything, he would cry, the emotions which he had thrown away long ago. He just wanted to create a safe heaven for mutants. He couldn't remember when he lost sight of his goals and became so ruthless. Maybe the deaths of his loved ones had hardened him to the point that he hated everyone beings that resided other then the mutants. And he had wanted the White Albino to join them. Because powerful beings were born from miseries. He felt that he could understand what the Albino wanted. Maybe he saw himself in that child. So he wanted him so much.

But the Albino was loved. He had a family. And Dellert had tried to destroy that family.

Was he so caught up in his own bias that he didn't even consider the changes. That mutants could be loved too.

Even after everything he could be loved too.

Markian stood up for his life. Maybe he could even love a monster like him. Now that he thought about Markian, he was almost a decade older than him. He is thirty-one, it's likely that Markian is in his twenties, At the age of twenty, Markian would loose his mate.

Dellert heart went out for his mate, for the grief he would feel after his death.

Dellert was not a fool. Even though his mate had stopped the Alpha's from killing him. There was no way he could walk out of this alive. The Packs won't agree to let a disaster like monster live. No one consider why he had slaughtered those packs. No one would try to find about the inhuman acts of Packs towards their mutant children. Of how Dan and Meli were saved from packs like those. How torture and hate had forced the sweet boy like victor to loose his mind.

It felt as if Dellert was justifying their crimes, But no one is born a monster. Still he couldn't act to care now. Meli was dead, Victor was dead. His friends died. His comrades were captured.

Even when he saw the Alpha's surrounding the cell. He couldn't bother to look at them.

"Dellert," Devon addressed "You know why we have come."

"Yes, I do, So when are you executing me?." Dellert asked.

Phoebous laughed, "I don't know if I could ever get used to that arrogance, not a bit remorse. It surprises me that you still have a voice to answer back. I don't know whether to admire your arrogance, or pity you at your state."