Chapter 53

Pete knew he was screwed.

Behind him, his mother was shaking, sobbing.

He thought he'd been doing the right thing.

Elder Bella, his father Harris, Sasha, Beta Sebastian they'd all told him. he'd been so sure. The Demon was a threat. Everything he'd done, he done for the Pack.Hadn't he?

And now Elder Bella, his father and everyone were dragged out of their homes.

The Alpha's that were part of the Alliance  leapt sharply from house to house sniffing out the men loyal to the cause.

"Go with to the Ravagers," his father had said before he was taken away.
P

ete didn't wanted to be held in a cell.

"Take a deep breath, baby. Your father must have talked to them, just- run. Get far away as y-you can."

"Mother," Pete sobbed.

"Sh, sh," his mother tried to soothe him. "You-you have to run. You have to go now."

"I don't want to go."

His mother hugged him

"You have to," she said, then pulled away.

Pete felt the anxiety in his stomach curl up his throat.

His mother hugged him again, arms crushing, before shoving him towards the door.

"Go, now."

"Mom-".

"There is bloodshed outside , I refuse to have you die here, Even if it meant surviving under the Ravagers, go now, you are a wolf of the beast clan, you don't need to be scared "

But he was he wasn't strong.
But he wanted to live more.

So, he ripped himself out of his sobbing mother's arms and Left the house.

He didn't look at anyone, as his friends and other pack members kept running to fight in the war. He kept his head down as he headed out of the village.

He got to the gates. But there were no guards. Everyone was fighting. But his father had told that they would loose, It had to be. He has to join the Ravagers to survive.

Head down. Trying to stay small. Without looking up. He Run.

Ahead, the snarling howls of the wolfs made him change the  course.

He was walking too quickly, His racing heart too distracting.With a panicked mind he couldn't even see the first figure, large,with reverse stripes, jump from the tree where he was sitting only to disappear. Vanish up.

But he felt them. Their eyes.

Oh gods, they were on him. He didn't know if it were a friend or a foe.

His head snapped up. he looked around, but nothing, no one was watching him. Frantically, turning this way and that, he tried to find them, but there was nothing. No one in sight.