Chapter 12

This was ridiculous. Kevin sighed frustrated.

They need more time, maybe months, yes months¸ to prepare for this yet there he was, forcefully relaxing his muscles to prevent them from jumping in  excitement. He was an Alpha; he understood the meaning and importance of this ritual. Stefan agreed to this, in fact, he was the one to convince Kevin to go through with it.

But it had been only a week. Since evan came here. And the pack members are already urging for the first hunt. He received a message from Devon that he had demanded to know more about the ritual in which his brother was involved.

And Kevin had no choice but to invite his brother in law to traditional Hunt to see for himself. Granted, a Hunt was not at all uncommon in their pack, but Kevin wanted at least a few more weeks to make his mate comfortable enough

His mate. Evan despite being an omega was an excellent fighter. he was breathtaking, But he was never allowed to have a happy childhood or a happy life of his own. He was just seen as war weapon. So he wanted his mate to understand him. That was the least he could do. After almost planning to kill him.
But Evan had agreed anyway.

And he stood proud in the entrance of the forest clad in a white robe. Looking etheral as always.The seams were a dark,  black and it had a pattern of red black roses on it. Simple yet beautiful. His eyes were lined with a sharp, winged black eyeliner, accentuated with the gentle red eyeshadow closer to the edges of his eyes rather than the whole eyelid. His cheeks a soft peach, barely visible but there, disguised as a real blush and his lips rich red. All the red and black eyeliner made his eyes pop, red irises.
It took Kevins breath away.

Evan stood staring at his mate who looked at him with lust filled eyes. He blushed he was still getting used to the fact that Kevin actually wanted him. He was snapped out of his thoughts by a chuckle.

‘’Evan you look so beautiful’’ Devon whispered, arms tightening around Evan’s waist. The albino’s own arms wound around his brothers’ shoulder, careful not to smear the makeup and buried his face into his brothers’ neck, allowing himself to relax just a little. Devon frowned at the tiny tremors coming from the man before him, and he pulled away to look into the others eyes, hands holding his shoulders firmly, ‘’Evey, you don't have to do this if you don't want to, I am sure Kevin will understand’’ He said, serious and stern.

‘’Don’t worry brother, I’m not going to back out now, it's my pack now, I am their Luna, I can't disappoint them’’

‘’Of course Evey but the thought of you doing THAT outside. Of having to make yourself vulnerable like that… I’m sorry. You’re no longer a child but to me you will always be my baby brother’’ Devon held his face in his hands gently, tears already flowing down his face.

Evan rolled his eyes, ‘Brother’’ he sighed, tugging the hands away from his cheeks, ‘’you’ll smudge it. Stop crying, I need to look good for Kevin. "

Devon chuckled, ‘’Kevin won't hurt you, This hunt is just a ritual you just need to catch the deer before him. And present it to him to show you are equal. It's fine even if you don't. Kevin won't force you for obedience’’ It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself. Out of nowhere, the grin disappeared, his face darkened, and his eyes hardened, giving off a vicious killing intent that even had Evan tensing a little, ‘’I’ll make sure of it.’’

‘’Brothe- ‘’

His brother cut him off, holding his elbow out for him, ‘’Ready?’’

No ‘’Yes.’’ Evan said and let Devon guide him to Kevin. Kevin smiled at him ressuringly. Dressed in his own traditional ceremonial black robe with golden seams. Evan's breath caught in throat. His husband was so handsome.

His breath got slightly heavier, not enough for anyone but Kevin to notice and the man sent him a small smirk which in turn made him shiver once more. Evan could feel himself getting drunk on the scent of his mate. intoxicated as if he downed a whole bottle of wine in one go. He didn't even notice the pack gathering near them

"Do you know the purpose of the hunt, Luna?’’Elder Cilia asked.

‘’Yes.’’Evan replied

‘’I know the purpose of the Hunt is to show equality if the Luna wins or submit if the Luna loses. Following by mating in the wild to appreciate the bond’’ He elaborated

‘’Yes Luna ’’ Elder Cilia said and bowed.

Evan got a 5-minute head start to run into the trees. And just like that, he was off, whizzing through the trees, searching for a doe. He knew it was futile. There was no way he could win against his mate. Kevin who could fight against his father and Devon as an equals. But at least he wanted to try.

It was so obvious to the albino that the Kevin wasn’t actually trying to hunt just yet so decided to get serious himself. He saw a doe drinking water from the river. And ran after it.

Kevin following closely behind. chase continued, hands attempting to grab at the deer. Evan tried to attack the deer from all directions but were dozed by Kevin. It was a rule to not to shift in their wolf forms. Evan lunged at the deer and He landed on the grass,  as the deer ran further away from him.

On Evan’s end, he knew Kevin was simply playing. Chasing away the deer. Giving him plenty chances , he heaved. Evan was already getting tired. He leaned heavily into a tree and caught his breath. Fighting on the battlefield wasn’t a piece of cake but now it was entirely different. He always fought head on battles. Chasing and sneaking was a lot of work for him. He wasn't good at it.

Evan desperately ran towards the doe. But Kevin was faster and before he knew it. The doe's neck was in his mates grip.

"I have given you chance after chance! didn't you want to win at all? "" I don't have a choice but to claim you Luna" Kevin finally ended the game of cat and mouse and snapped the neck of the doe. He looked at Evan and smile.
"It's over Doll, you lost"

Evan staggered, dread clawed up his throat, blood rushed past his ears in a deafening roar and locked him in place. Closer, closer, closer, run, run, run! His instincts took over  despite his exhaustion, He ran. Kevin chased after him. Evan had no idea why but he bolted and ran like he himself was a deer escaping from a ravenous wolf, ran like prey, felt like prey, was prey. And his predator was right on his heels, sweeping his legs out from underneath him, sending him tumbling towards the ground where the two men wrestled and rolled around.

He was shoved face first into soft moss, moist with dew, both his arms were painfully pressed against his lower back, then higher, higher, till it felt like they would snap off, tensed and pulled taut, a hand immobilising both of his, preventing hand signs to be formed. The other hand wrapped around his nape, pressing him further into the greenery and he went stock still. A hand anywhere near his throat could mean instant death. Thoughts of the hunt completely evaporated from him mind, brain no longer processing rational thought, focused on openings, a way to escape, run, survive, he gasped, felt liquid fire spread across his whole body, sizzling away at his skin, penetrating his defences, tearing them down as if they were made of paper. He tried to breathe in, but he felt like fire filled his lungs, filled his entire being and he exhaled harshly, overwhelmed. Evan stilled, a body bulkier and wider than his framed him, covering his entire body almost possessively and nipped at his neck, ‘’Mine’’.

Oh.

Oh

The hunt was over, the deer was caught by Kevin, Evan had lost.