Chapter 52

Jose could only see red hair and the face looking almost blank and an empty gaze locks on him with unsettling intensity.

Agonizing pain blooms over his shoulders, over his arms, over his neck, and he stumbles back. This mutant was too strong. But still he needed to fight. He was an Alpha. He had a Pack to protect. He couldn't loose now.

"Lets get serious"Jose spits the blood and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand "I will take you out ! Even if it kills me ! "

Victor takes a step back from the injured figure slowly walking towards him. The determined stare shaking him to the core " You already lost! Your Luna is dying." He shouted unable to stop the dread crawling at him. For some reason the mutant was scared of the injured and battered Alpha.

A woman on the ground wheezing blood spraying out of her mouth and over the pale skin of her chin. She coughs and smiles at her Alpha. "Don't worry about me, I will live" she assures him as loud as she could muster.

Jose body starts cracking and he shifts into his wolf form.

“I will kill you  !!” Victor spits out as he shifts.

Jose darts towards him biting through his scales. Tearing his flesh and throwing him only to collide in a tree. 

Victor tries not to pay attention to the hysterical panic building up inside of him as he watches the wolf crouching for  his next attack.

Jose doesn’t even flinch as Victor bites at him with his poisoned fangs into his left shoulder. Jose smacks at him using his paws, clawing at his face.

Victor spits more blood, Jose holds him up biting at his neck and crashes him into the ground with a horrible crackle of bones shattering into a pieces .

Behind Jose Victor could see the other  wolves tearing his comrades. The injured Luna now sitting up.

And even if off in the distance, a group of reinforcements were approaching quickly from the direction of the village , Victor knows he wouldn't be able to survive. Not that he was weak. But he’s no match for this Alpha but he knows exactly how to defeat the emotional ones.
He knows exactly how to do it .

The Alpha had just confirmed his biggest weakness before he had attacked and it just so happens that Victor’s next step in their plan included exactly that .

Victor  tilts his head in a reptilian way and flashes his fangs at the wolf as a sickening smile. And he blends into his surroundings. He doesn’t waste time after that and as soon as he appears near the Luna takes her by the neck. His fangs over her carotid artery .

He hears the Alpha gasp and watches as his steps falter and he shifts back.

"Sarah" Jose speaks eyes closed as if to spare his heart from the horrible sight . his hands shake with fear and bile rises to the back of his throat." My Luna " .

“Jose !” Sarah croaks at him. " Its fine!l Do what you need to"

The words make Jose want to scream,but there just isn’t enough air in his lungs , he wants to cry but no tears leak from his eyes . His Luna was ready to die. It just hurt too much.

He opened his eye again and looks at Sarah.

It’s okay, It’s okay! He tries to say but no words come out . And then he makes up his mind.

He lungs at them, shifting mid air. He could the poison working in. His body loosing the agility. Still he couldn't stop. This was for his Luna. And his friends.

Their Pack had come so far. Each and everyone were fighting for their lives. Devon and Kevin were facing the Ravager king alone. The least he could do was take out one of the strongest enemy warrior. He is an Alpha. He could do it. He could save his Luna. And everyone else.

The presence of the heavy feeling of fear made Victor loose his composure. Already injured and on the brink, with his lapse in judgement of time he sat with his fang's above the Luna's Jugular. Unsure of what to do. For a moment. He couldn't even sense anything as was ripped away from the Luna. He could only close his eyes as darkness consumed him.

The victory howl falling on his deaf eays.
................

Far off, the village’s outskirts howls can be heard, the piercing wail of grief with the howls of victory.

Sebastian drops to his knees, staring outside his cell that was blocking him from running out. Elder Bella laughs in his neighbouring as the gaurds adopt matching expressions of horror as they come to a stop at the cells. All focussed on the painful howls and battlecries.

“This is — " a gaurd murmurs " Should we join too " he trails off .

“ Will you let me out? I can help!” Sebastian asks a bit desparate. His hands shake as pulls at the bars uselessly.

“Beta Sebastian ,” the gaurd speaks his companion nodding at him, “ I dont think we can, we have strict orders .”

“ People are dying, I can't just sit doing nothing!” Sebastian growls “ Please, let me help, please” he begs.

“ why should we do that ?” Another gaurd sneers “ last time we heard was of your betrayal. How you sold out the Luna? We may not know him personally but we won't dream of going against our Alpha !”

“ That was before!” Sebastian screams at the man “I don't want that !”

Fear. Not just any fear though--panic, all-consuming and overwhelming takes over Sebastian’s heart and it takes every last bit of his strength to not freeze up or break down infront of the gaurds.

"look!" he snarls "Let me go, I just want to go and help everyone !!"

“That is enough!” A voice says . And Sebastian comes face to face with  Celine .” We don’t have time for your begging ! I need to get to Kevin and Devon , I wanted to stay behind but with all the howling I couldn't just stay put. I want someone with Steven to watch over my brother and your mate ! Can I trust you on this ? Sebastian?”

Sebastian could only nod and ask “How is he?”eyes wide.

"Still under the effect of the laxative ' she says "He is going to run and join the battle the minute he wakes up"  she nods at Sebastian "We need you to stop Stefan, because we need Stefan to stop Evan, with me, Devon and Kevin on the battlefield only Stefan is close enough with him to prevent him from going. I am counting on you Sebastian"

Sebastian looks at Celine and nods.

Celine draws a key from under her sleeve and opens the locks.

Sebastian’s eyes then start to water as feelings overwhelm him and he runs out of the cell towards his Alpha's home as Celine tells him where they are. Elder Bella's laughter echoing at their backs. Some of the detained Pack members under Bella begs for mercy. But Sebastian pays them no heed and keeps on running.

His heart hammering with excitement and fear.

.....................

Celine shifts into her wolf and runs tracking her brothers scent. She could only hope that they are okay.