Chapter 20

When Kevin opened his eyes he finds himself on the couch in the hallway. All the memories from last night came crashing into his skull, and he inhales painfully. He felt as if he just got slapped on every inch of his body. He still wants to think of it as a nightmare. But Morning came, he prepared himself for the worst.

He sat and wished if he could just burn it and all it's memories. He sighed and put his hand on his face, Who was he kidding?
He had to fix this, one has to be responsible for one's own mistakes, or in his case, sins.

He looked at the bedroom door and wonders if he should knock or just enter, he doesn't want to make the situation more worse. So he decides to go with the former, but before his knuckle touches the door, it opens to reveal Evan wide awake with a blank look on his face, he seems to have taken a shower, Evan smelled nice and had changed his clothes from yesterday. How long has he been awake? Kevin's thoughts go to the back of his head as he realizes he did not pull his hand from its position in the air. Tch, how awkward. He thinks as he grabs his hanging hand with his other.
Evan was just still staring at him. That gaze. He felt like it makes him look small.They kept staring at each other for a while that felt like a year. But finally, Evan breaks that heavy atmosphere and just says "come in".

What??? Did he hear right? Was he just asked to come in?? Kevin hardly managed to gather himself together as he realized he's been staring heavily at the man in front of him.

He finally enters the room with an almost audible gulp and Evan closes the door behind him. He feels that there's definitely something wrong here, he just can't put a finger on it.

As Kevin turned to Evan to ask what was wrong. Evan collapsed.

Kevin freezed in his spot.

He didn't want to believe what he was seeing. Evan suddenly fell down. Kevin panicked. He quickly checked his mates pulse and heartbeat.

What the hell was he doing? Ofcourse his mates heart was beating. He should call the Healer. Kevin was never good with first aids, but he knows Evan must have had fatigue or anxiety. And he needed to go the hospital.

Kevin ran to pick up the  transciever. Which was still working."Please come quick Markian and bring the auto-mobile" and then he hung up.

That was it. That was the only thing he freaking said.It shouldn't be so hard to get here, the hospital was only a couple of kilometers away.

As he awaits the arrival of the steam-motor, Kevin picks up Evan in his arms. And hugs him.l

What did his mate has to suffer like this? He cursed himself. It hurt seeing his mate so pale and sick.

Oh he had tried to kill his husband, that's what he did. And that's not even a mistake, that's a sin.
He deserved hell.
And what did Evan do to deserve this? He couldn't understand?

As he was trailing in his thoughts the sound of the horn clears his mind. Kevin rushes to the outside of the house still carrying Evan. He gently places his mate inside and sits beside him.And Markian and starts the automobile. He must have told Stefan as he also tagged along.

The paramedics deliver Evan inside the hospital corridor where a couple of nurses and doctor checked up on him. The doctor opened Evan's right eye with his thumb and index fingers and flashed a small flashlight in it and hurriedly asks the nurses to take it inside the chamber

While walking fast next to the bed and holding on to it, a nurse asks him a few questions.

"Did he have breakfast?" She asked him.

"...No"

"What happened for the patient to be in this state?" She used the same tune as before.

Kevin response took a little more time needed than necessary, but eventually he complied. "We had a fight and he didn't eat anything since yesterday" was the only suitable answer in his mind he could think of. He doesn't see any visible reactions from the nurse that's seeable. She doesn't ask him any more questions until they reach a closed doorway .

"You have to wait here Alpha" the nurse orders him as his mouth goes agape to decline.

"But..."

"Apologies, Alpha. But you have to stay here until the check up is over. You mate seems distressed. So please wait here."

Then the nurse leaves him and enters the same door that the others entered before. Kevin seats himself on one of those waiting chairs that seem to take forever to reach. He lays both his hands on his face and sighs heavily. What in hell just happened today? When he told himself yesterday he would get himself some sleep to prepare for the worst today, he did not think it would lead to this. He closes his eyes as he leans his back on the wall behind him and drops his hands to rest on his thighs.
This is just the beginning of the price he has to pay to atone for his sin. Why did he sin in the first place? Because he was scared of his mate? It was bullshit reason

And boy, does fate hate him, cause Evan just had wake up at that moment on that specific time. To listen to Sebastian's word . Not before it, not after it, not even before it happened by a little. No, it had to be on that moment when his mate woke up and heard the conversation with Sebastian. Yeah, fate hates him so much. He just hopes that Evan recovers quickly and safely. As tears stream down his face. Evan he is got to be alright. Kevin doesn't want it to be worst than this.
It was horrible. He doesn't want to imagine Evan being away from him.

Kevin broke down.