Chapter 46

Devon watched Kevin pace back and forth in his office. His friend looked exhausted all the rumours and pressure were taking a toll on him.

But Devon wasn't just concerned about it. He was downright terrified, which was very rare for him.

Almost a month had passed since their talks with the other Alphas. A lot had happened since then everyone had successfully relocated to the new settlement. Talks about jobs and farms were discussed. But there was this constant fear of getting attack by the Ravagers, they had already talked about the emergency measures with the other Alphas. And then there was matter of his friend's Beta and brother which he couldn't disclose. Sebastian's sudden change of behaviour confused everyone more than anything.

The moment that he met Sebastian three days back. Devon knew that something was different.

There was a something in his eyes that wasn't there before.

As Kevin later told him about what had happened a few days back making sure to mention about his brother Stefan filing to break the bond was just shocking. Especially when he had heard so much about Stefan from his brother-in-law. And how much he loved his mate.
And Kevin kept mentioning how he was at fault something without any explanation

Devon was absolutely confused.

What could have possibly happened to invoke these changes in the Pack?

The Alpha only had a moment to process this before Kevin started speaking.

Devon couldn't help but listen in rapture and complete shock as Kevin went into the details about Stefan and Sebastian, their bond, Kevin's involvement, again Sebastian's involvement with the Ravagers. Elder Bella. 

Kevin had gone into detail of how the Sebastian behaved in these past few months. He was bound to doubt him. And again he was behaving as if he was regretting everything.

Devon has no doubt that Sebastian certainly had no desire to actually betray the Pack.

But the guy's jealousy made things difficult for him. But Devon  refused to let him go so easy, things had already escalated. And Evan was involved, as much as he pitied Sebastian he couldn't have him let loose

But Kevin won't agree to it. Devon knew that much. Kevin would wait for Sebastian to confess. He would fight the Ravagers still believing in his Beta.

And Devon didn't wanted to fight his friend again.They finally had their peace. And now they were family.
He would probably be an uncle to a neice or a nephew. Kevin and Evan's child. A child that Evan was supposed to give birth in a few months. A child who would probably get involved in the war with Ravagers. That thought terrified Devon the most.

Engrossed in his thoughts Devon didn't even sense Celine and Steven entering his office.

"Are you even listening to my brother?" Steven asked as he sat beside his mate and brother.

Devon was startled but didn't bother to show it. But he could imagine Kevin already fuming being ignored for so long.

"Oh was he saying anything important, I thought he was just sulking," Devon remarked casually as his eyes stayed fixed on Celine, "Anyway what brings you here, Sister?."

Celine glanced at her brother "Well, I heard all the rumours so I thought we should sit down and have a talk regarding the matter, brother."

"Rumours? What exactly?" Devon asked. Though he knew what Celine was talking about

"To sum it up! 'Sebastian, Beta of the Nightshade Pack' ?"

The Alpha sighed barely audible, meanwhile Kevin glared at him.