Chapter 34

Evan was a man of many secrets. Well, more like a man that highly values his own privacy and is not as open. He had always trouble trusting people other than his parents and siblings. But that didn't meant they knew everything about him. He hadn't let anyone see his vulnerable side.

He had always stood dutifully beside his siblings opposite the Nightshade amongst their fellow packmates, supporting to create the peace they had dreamed of from a young age.

By the time they found their peace
Celine had found her mate amongst the enemy Pack.

He had kept quiet about being a certain Alpha's mate that he discovered that day fearing rejection.But was later shocked that the said Alpha had asked for his hand in marriage.
He was ecstatic.

The plans of his marriage were set and Evan found himself growing more and more hopeful and excited. Which he concealed perfectly

With the negotiations finished and  the construction of their dream village began Evan began looking forward to his marriage. Disregarding all the whispers and bitchings he had heard before.

When they mated Evan felt cherished and loved. Even after he got to know about his discarded assassination plan. He came to trust his Alpha. He came to love him with all his heart. He had bared his feelings infront of the man. He had told him everything and even cried showing him how vulnerable he was.

And yet as he sat staring at the changing colour of the wine, Evan wanted to hide himself away. Far away from Kevin as soon as possible. Fear gripping his heart. What if his child is considered an abomination too. What will Kevin say?

He had been born as an anomaly he was lucky to have his parents and siblings. But still he was viewed as a monster. What if his child faced the same fate

Silent tears fell down from his Ruby coloured eyes, the gravity of the situation at hand weighing down on him without any restraint.

Soft knocks from the bathroom doorway ripped him away from his heavy thoughts “Lin!” he shouted for his sister.

Celine appeared in the doorway, a look of caution and soft worry conflicting with her strong features as she stepped towards her brother.

“Whats the result?.” She asked

“You were right.”

Evan shakily pointed at the tubes with wine and his urine. Three tubes and their colours changed.

“That's why I told you check. You have been so emotional lately. I got worried” She said as a matter of fact.

He gave her a weak nod, his nerves growing with each second. “I don't know how I feel” he said “It's not like I am not happy, I am so happy that I am so scared of everyone's reaction and Kevin's.”

“Evey,” Celine said pulling her brother into a hug. “Don't stress yourself okay, it will be alright.”

Evan did his best to reign in his fluctuating emotions,“I don't want anyone to call my child a monster”

Celine went rigid. It was the first time Evan was saying something like this. He was the one to always hide things “No one would call your child a monster, and even if anyone does his or her uncles and aunties won't stay quiet, so don't fret over it”

Celine squeezed his shoulder in reassurance, her little brother was distressed and it was her fault. But what could she do? She was anxious and worried. She waited for one whole day. Without Steven there was no one to reason with her. And she hurried over and forced Evan to take a test. But she hadn't expected her brother to broke down infront of her. She was not sorry, she has to protect him at all cost. Now that he was pregnant it has become more dangerous. So he didn't regret forcing her brother. But now all she could do was console him any wait for his mate “ Just tell him, I am sure he will be over the moon” She told his kissing his forehead.