Chapter 6

When the next meeting came Kevin had expected for the Demon to be present there but he wasn't.As he sat next to Devon he could smell his mates smell on him. Jealousy flared in him as the talks proceeded. But the stupid wolf didn't sense the murderous aura directed at him. He smiled wide at his friend and nodded to the girl sitting beside him. A girl with blond hair with a composed aura Unlike Devon. He grinned at her. "Kevin meet my mate and Luna Kareena Smith. " He said. Kevin sighed. "Sorry Miss, I didn't know Please forgive my rude behavior" He said to her nodding. She smiled at him. Clearly an Omega but she looked strong. "Its nice to meet you Kevin, Devon has told me so much about you and don't apologize I understand how much of a dolt my mate can be" She said and laughed. Kevin smiled at her . He wanted to know about the smell that Devon carried with. But now was not the time. He had important matters to discuss. A day before yesterday two corpses were found near the borderline of the Nightshade pack. They were foxes. They must have belonged to the Foxglove pack. Their bodies were clearly torn apart. Maybe it was another Chimera who did that. Sebastian was quick to explain everything about the incident. And as it was pressumed there were missing complaints from the Foxglove Pack as well as the Crimson Desert Pack. The situation was turning out to be unfavorable. The neighbouring packs were still not allied.
" Why don't we send them invitation to join our Pack" Kareena asked after some time.
'Well they will not be willing to bow down." Devon said. Deep in thought.
"But you guys aren't bowing each other. Why can't there be allied forces without having to step down" She asked. And it was actually making sense.
"But you said about joining the pack" Sebastian asked.

" We are building a combined place for both the packs to thrive. Why not invite the other packs to join. The area is large and it can easily hold two or more packs. I heard the Crimson Desert Pack had survived on the barren lands for so long. They have practically decreased in numbers. And Foxglove Pack has been targeted by the witches. So I think it's okay to make an offer. The white Carnation have already expressed their views on alliance, I say it will be okay " Kareena said. The idea was well thought. It could actually work.

"You have already decided haven't you " Kevin asked. Kareena was sure something. She had actually thought about everything. She was just suggesting it.

"Was it you ?" Kevin couldn't help but ask.

"You are in for a surprise, have patience " Kareena said laughing.

Later when the talks were done, it was established that both packs would open their gates for now. It was decided that the land in between the packs with acted as No Mans land will be put to use. They  could be used for settlements. The security forces were divided to gaurd the areas along with their current quarters.

Devon suggested the already made plan.
The foundations were already drawn and blueprints ready to be used.
Just for how long this guy was planning. The drawings were so neat and well thoughtout.

It couldn't have been Devon. Kevin thought. It had to be Kareena or Celine. He shook his head everything was perfectly layed out. Their work was done. All that left was to send envoys to the neighbouring pack with the invitations.

And the rest would be for members of the pack to work on or hired workers if they wished. The Pack heads were busy with working on their peace treaty and arranging marriages after all.

Later Kevin had asked  Devon about Evan. He made a pouty face complaining about him being busy. That's when Kareena told him that he was busy making plans and infrastructure for the grounds. Kevin was shocked. It really hadn't crossed his mind even once. Evan, that Demon had drawn these blueprints and layout. Just a few moments ago he had thought about Kareena or Celine being the mastermind. But it was HIM. What the Hell.

Kevin's headache was coming back. He could live without getting to actually talk to his soon-to-be husband before the day of their wedding. He wasn't doing it to fall in love, after all. He wasnt curious at all. Nor it mattered that the monster had brains.

Devon had literally cried, actually bawled when the treaty was signed, as Kareena stood beside him and rolled her eyes at her idiot of mate.
And Kevin, felt uncomfortable. It's a good thing Devon is an idiot and didn't actually deduce the original plan. Or else it would have been war again.

"Is he...?" Sebastian had trailed off, unsure in the face of large Alpha blubbering like a toddler.

"He's fine. He's just an idiot," Kareena said.

"Kareena don't be mean!" Devon whined, turning his tear-ridden face to his mate. "Kareena We are finally having peace! It's all we've ever dreamed of but, my brother is going away "

Kareena snorted clearly used to with the antics. She turned away, neatly dodging her husbands attempt hug her. Her eyes slid back to Kevin, cold like  ice, and then to Sebastian. Kevin could feel her measuring them for threats

Sebastian stiffened, "You will take care of our little Evan, wouldn't you? " She asked with a sickly sweet smile. Clearly a threat for them. To treat her brotherin-law right.

She never showed any aggression outwardly, but her smile was enough to know that she won't let them off easily if something were to happen to Evan.

And Devon spent a good deal of time trying to convince Kevin unsuccessfully, that Evan was cute, and intelligent, a scholar and a great fighter. A fighter Kevin had no doubt.A scholar and intelligent well it could be. But cute and adorable it was impossible.Devon continued babbling about his brother being reserved and honest he didn't mean anything by it. But Kevin was hardly swayed.

Many days later Sebastian came to Kevin. Frustrated about being the one to have to work with Demon on his rather genius as Steven put it, Wolf Scholar about underground cells and security systems. The designs were unlike anything Kevin had seen before, but apparently, they were in line with the latest creations.

"The man is infuriating. It's like talking to a wall. He doesn't talks. He only nods and works " Sebastian complained.

"No," Stefan disagreed, sitting beside Kevin. Setting down the juice glasses on the table. Which he had prepared the other day. "It's worse than that. At least a wall can't verbally lash out at everyone in the room. But Evan he does."

"An asshole," Sebastian said slurping his drink and flopping beside Stefan.

Stefan grimaced and pushed him aside. No he wasn't dealing with this brute today. He already had a long day. Evan even though younger then him gave him an earful about the "consistancy of surveillance " as he put it. To run the work smoothly as possible. And he hadn't meant any harm. It was still shameful to get a scolding from someone younger.
And Sebastian had put his head on Stefan's lap.Devon made a face. Stefan just shrugged. If his mate is willing to show affection in front of his brother. Stefan was going to take it all for sometime. It doesn't matter it it's just an act.

"Of course he's an asshole. He's the Demon.The whole world knows he's a heartless bastard,"Kevin agreed sardonically, "Gods only know how he managed to convince Devon that he's a good person."

There was a sharp echo of pain in his chest, enough to make Kevin stop eating. He'd had his mate's low grade heartache all day, but he was too used to them now to let them bother him much. Kevin had always known usual ache of loneliness and grief that had haunted his other half but today it was different. It felt like his mate had heard people badmouthing him. He shook away his thought. He wanted  to find his mate. But before that he had to take care of the Demon

"Serves you right, stop calling him that brother please, he may be rude but he is a kind person you will know in time'' Stefan said and pushed Sebastian away from his lap. He was done playing mates. And walked out.

Kevin could only scoff. As Sebastian muttered a curse under his breath before sitting up and walking out after his mate.

Evan Rickson why you are hiding away still now. Are you scared that your secret will be out. Don't worry I plan to play with you till I find my mate. Kevin just wondered.