Chapter 21

" Alpha The emergency aid is done for Luna. He is on fluid therapy now. It wasn't only due to skipping meals. His stress level was building up.Now, he just needs some rest until he is conscious again. He won't be able to have food anytime soon. So please let him stay untill he is stable. And hopefully more rested too." The doctor that apparently handled Evan announced.

It was great to hear he was okay. Kevin finally let out a sigh of relief that he was holding back. 
"Thank you Docter Amber" 

"No worries. Alpha Ms. Smith will hand you the description needed for Luna's recovery routine" he said looking in the nurse's way that was next to him, and Kevin looked at her.

"Well, yes. Alpha, Please come this way with me" she pointed with her hand in the direction that they came from. Kevin followed her until they arrived at the reception where other nurses were working.
"Please fill this document in Luna's name,"She said

"Um...yeah, sure" Kevin took the file from her and she excused herself and told him to hand the file to Ms.Ray when he finished filling it. she pointed at the nurse who she took the file from, when he filled all the requirements that was needed, he handed it over and was given a description and asked if he could go and see his mate. He was met with a nod and an "of course you can" with a bright smile. 

"This is where Luna's room is" the nurse that led him to see Evan pointed at the door that was on his right. "Now, if you'll please excuse me." She nodded to him as he blurted a 'thank you' and was left alone in front of the door. 
Just standing there.
Why did he ask to see him again? He couldn't believe himself sometimes. He bumped his head in the door since he was the only one in the hallway, and wanted to smack it, he was never good at keeping his cool. When he let out a sigh and made himself upright again, he reached his hand for the doorknob and opened the door to see Evan resting on a bed covered in white sheets. Metallic needles and catherters connected to him.
His eyes wanted to tear but it just went wide. He found himself rooted to the ground unable to move.

He was the reason Evan was in this place, in that state.Just the thought brought shivers down his whole body. He cursed himself at his stupidity and immaturity and foolishness and everything that ever helped in the causing of today's event. But it was mostly his own fault Evan didn't deserve any of this, really. If anyone, Kevin should be the one on that bed.

After a couple of minutes he forced his legs to take a step towards the bed, then finally he managed to be only a few centimeters away from it. His eyes never left Evan's form.

He just kept on standing there, staring at him.

He should probably inform Evan's family of what happened. The 'what happened today' part not the 'what happened yesterday' part. He couldn't risk them knowing. He should also inform his pack and elders as well. Stupid he only thought about this now.

"Kevin" came Stefan's voice from the far end of the hallway. It was a miracle that he still was able to recognise his brothers voice admist his worries. This was a hospital though, Stefan shouldn't be shouting."WHERE ARE YOU?" seriously, that boy needs to be quiet.

"Steff, shut it" he told his brother in a shout whisper tune after he exited the room he was in and lent on the door. He waved for his brother to come and then put his right index finger on his mouth. "Lower your voice. This is a hospital, what do you think you're doing?" He scolded his brother after he was near to hear him speak normally.

"Sorry, I got too anxious. Where's Evan? I want to see him." Kevin pointed behind him to indicate that Evan was in that room.

"First of all, you need to be quiet. Evan needs to rest right now, got it?" He crossed his arms over his chest and blocked Stefan's way to enter until he answered him.

"Okay, okay. Fine, I'll shut up. Can I get in now?" He said with a roll of his eyes and duplicated Kevin's exact stance. No wonder they were brothers.
Kevin made way for Stefan to enter and he rushed to Evan's side in a flash. Kevin then closed the door and went back to his former place in a chair next to Evan's bed.

"What had happened brother? And yes I know he didn't just fainted out of the blue. And I don't think he is pregnant" Stefan was looking at Evan stroking his hair. But Kevin could feel his anger building up. How could Kevin just tell him about Sebastian,He himself hadn't talked with that bastard since then. "You just better hurry up and tell me brother or else I will stalk you till I know." Okaaaay, now that was just......creepy. Evan wondered how much relationship between his brother and Evan had changed . Because it seemed that Evan had a very special place for Evan.

"Kevin" Stefan interrupted Kevin's thinking and was looked at him intently. "What caused this?" 

Kevin felt something get stuck in his throat as he felt sweat come down his forehead. What was he supposed to tell his brother? Tell him that he and Evan fought? Well that's not true, and if they did fight, but it wasn't like that.
"We fought, he got upset and didn't eat anything ." Kevin said not looking in Stefan's eyes. He knew when Kevin was hiding something from him, and so did he with Stefan. That was the best excuse he could have came up with at that moment. He didn't want to take too long to answer because his brother always noticed these small and tiny things. 

Stefan eyed him wearily and studied his facial features. His brother was calm and his eyes didn't waver when he said those words. Maybe he was telling the truth. Maybe. Kevin wasn't looking at him, though. There had to be something more than just a fight that led to Evan being in a freaking hospital.He sighed. He will pretend to believe his brother until he got to the bottom of this. And he always gets to the bottom of things.

"You should have forced fed him. Or you could have just prostrated at his feet." Stefan said with a wide smirk that rivaled Steven's evil grin.

Okay, his brother was acting creepy today, and what's with that smirk, seriously. And if Evan would have listened Kevin would have prostrated on his feet. But Evan look was enough for him to know that he had fucked up royally. And he wasn't getting out so easily.
.
.
Shit, Kevin sighed. He needed to do something. Or else Evan will continue to look at him like that. And he wouldn't be able to handle it all.

Then he remembered to bring up something. "Stefan, where's Markian?"

#If you like the story so far. Please support me.