Chapter 29

Sebastian looked at Stefan. He looked attractive. Truth to be told Stefan has always been attractive to him. But it doesn't mean that he loved him.

He was beautiful, kind and hardworking, someone Sebastian cared about, even if he didn't show it to him.

But now looking at Stefan he left like he was asking for attention. It's true that they haven't been spending time together but he didn't needed to go that far. To dress up in a skimpy clothing. It looked as if he was asking for it. He could have directly came to him if he wanted sex. But he still couldn't look away from him. He needed to look away. He had too much pent up pressure. Sebastian tried to think of something else.

He walked and thought about the discussion with Elder Bella to distract himself. He had agreed to talk with the ravagers. He couldn't help but feel agitated .It took all his will power to hide his genocidal intent lurking behind it. He was going to propose the treaty to the packs. He couldn't go with an edgy expression.

Then again he was not so sure if he was doing the right thing. These few months he had watched his pack grow. United with the White Lotus pack. Now they were on the verge to accommodate few more packs.Even Sebastian himself contributed in the in the formation of the new defence force along with Stefan.

But alas it was growing just to be torn down. Cattle to be slaughter. Even the Children.

Elder Bella had already told him the conditions. Soon it will be over. And their pack will be felt alone. The Ravagers only wanted the Demon from their pack. With that condition they will leave the Nightshade Pack alone.

No matter what his pack came first. He feared for the survival of his clan. They are still not strong enough to face the monsters. If he can give them the Demon. Then they will be left alone. But the other Packs, he won't be able to save them. He knew he was wrong. He wished he didn't have to it this way. A part of him, no matter how badly he tried to squash it underfoot, still craved the peace and security and unity that his had dreamed.

But like any illusion, reality always came crashing down to shatter the image to pieces. It would only be a matter of time before the Ravagers declare war on the Beast tribe. There will be internal conflict among the packs for superiority. One or the other would recognize the other from a previous battle. They'd remember how the other cut down their friend, their family member. They'd remember how they swore revenge. The members of their clan would demand punishment. The other clan would defend their member. And they'd be right back to war.

"I can almost see the smoke curling out of your nose," a familiar voice drawled, ripping him from his thoughts. Sebastian was startled to see Steven walking with him. He didn't felt his presence at all."Care to share what's on your mind? You've been staring into my brother for 10  minutes now. As amusing as your facial expressions were, I must say I'm curious."

Automatically, a scowl twisted at his mouth. "It's not like that, keep your mind out of the gutter" Sebastian growled, looking away from the man walking ahead.

"You look like you are pissed. Does it have anything to do with his dress ." Steven laughed

Sebastian's scowl deepened and  glared at his brother-in-law, who stared right back, looking faintly amused. "I swear Steven, it's not like that," he said finally

"Perhaps," Steven hummed. "However, I do think Stefan might have dressed up for you."

"He is his own person, he doesn't need to dress up for me," Sebastian bit back.