Chapter 63

Victor was dead, Kaleb was dead, Brad was dead. Meli ran, Dan following him closely. He could hear his pack scream and cry. He had never thought that he would face a day like this. Their Pack of Rouges, the strongest Pack. The fearsome "Ravagers" were hunted down. He couldn't understand where they had gone wrong.

Dan shifted into bull with its horns curved like a ram and then Meli felt them moments later. Two Alphas, two lunas and 2 betas. They were sorrounded.

With their senses in disarray, Meli noticed that Dan was moving which drew the wolves out, and the Grey wolf crashed at the running bull, sending him flying. A white fox jumped at his back biting him. The  was already gone, hiding again. And now Meli had to fight against them, sensing their surprise attacks. They weren’t really a match for him or were they? The Alphas were particularly strong, but they just kept maintaining a form and kept attacking them again and again. Meli had to admit that it was a decent strategy to wear them out with much damage on their side.

Dan tried to shake them off, his horns  clashing at them. But again he was no match for the lots. Instead he was like a wild bull hunted by a pride of lioness.With growls that sounded like it came from many beasts, All of the wolves attacked Meli and Dan. Meli's Antlers were half broken and started to bleed out of him, he screamed but it was too late, and Dan was pushed to the growned.

But it wasn’t enough. The Alpha tore off his hooves, two hooves and then he fell, Dan collapsed. The Fox merely sat on him as he felt his blood seeping into the ground.

Meli huffed, swallowing deeply. He had seen a lot of things... Had done a lot of things… And still this had managed to survive. But this was not what he had expected.

Dan saw it happen as if in slow motion, Meli kicked the wolf with his hooves and clashed his antlers throwing him off. He couldn't even see other wolf bit Meli's neck, paws clawing at him. Dan couldn’t see it from his angle, still pushed down by the female Alpha and Luna, Dan knew even he couldn’t break free and get there fast enough and he screamed as the wolf tore Meli's side and punctured his heart. Blood gushed out of the raw wound. Dan recoiled at the broken scream of his comrade.

Meli knew it was over. Dan. Even with their strength combined they had failed. The Alphas and betas had surrounded them like vultures. As pathetic it was. He couldn't blame them. They had just retaliated back.

Meli felt himself shifting back. He carefully cupped his hands over his wound. It, it wasn’t enough he knew that, knew that he had only few seconds left, a gaping wound, gushing blood, and pulverized tissues.

Dan was shaking, Alpha Doza and Luna Vivian pressed him more and that was only thing holding him to the ground. Meli gasped in a rough breath and whimpered a little at the pain, dark eyes open and hurting;

The Alphas near him looked at him in pity. One of them shifted and pulled him on his lap, with a  softer hold. “We are not merciless killers, we don't want to kill, but we couldn't leave you be, we are sorry ” Stefan rasped, Meli huffed a noiseless laugh “You, you’re just saving your Pack. I can understand now. The urge to protect. We were the same once but then the strength got in our head, we felt invincible and we wanted to kill everyone who had wronged us. We forgot that we were in wrong too” Meli spoke coughing up blood.
Dan whimpered and tried to break free, not to fight but to hold Meli.

"Meli-" Dan was shaking he realized aching down to the bones; he couldn’t seem to get the words out, couldn’t seem to find the words.

Meli smiled as he looked at the young wolf “You are kind, so kind, more than anyone should be, Th-hankyou. An-nd I a-am sorr-ry. Just le-et the-emm goo. Lee-et my Pa-ack go. I-I beg-g yo-uu."

Stefan leaned forward and pressed a gentle hand to Meli's cheek, “Let it go, we understand, we are not merciless,  You don’t need to hurt. Just let go”

Meli gasped and a tear slid down his cheek even as a smile dawned on his face a smile gentler than any he had smiled for years.“We forgive you.” It was another Alpha, he too had shifted back, his eyes grieved and sorrowful, Meli relaxed, It was the first time he was shown such compassion other than his Pack. “I-I le-eave m-my Pa-ack in-n you-rr han-nds” and he slipped away.

Dan closed his eyes and curled forward in the ground shifting. He stayed like that for a long time, letting the world turn around him not bothering to look at his enemies. Can they still be regarded as enemies?.

He didn't know any thing. He couldn't believe anything. He just let his tears fall.

Alpha Doza looked around, finding vivian leaning against a small tree. she looked tired. Well, she supposed they were all tired.

The people who had attacked them were now dead or bound. And they looked so pitiful now. She hoped that they would never have the chance to repeat this ever again.

Dellert ducked through the attacks. Never he had predicted to be in a situation like this?. Where did it go wrong?. He was actually feeling pain. He was scared. A long forgotten feeling. He gritted his teeth.

He leaped over the group as he looked for his packmates.

But he lost his mind. Admist the forest. He could smell the sweet scent of his fated one. Why in the world? Why do such crazy things happen?! Even if he tried to stop now, His precious pack will be dead! He can only hope that they are faring okay, and if he dies they will also be killed with him.

He heard a laugh and could feel another stronger presence. As if the wolf was tracking a particular prey.

Where were his packmates!? A few of these presence was distinct, but the others felt scarce. Okay, he needed to find his Victor and Meli. They would know what to do.

He jumped back away and pushed again at the overwhelming wolves that kept coming his way.

Then he felt Meli and Dan. Their scents lingered a bit. And then fading slowly. No, nope, he had to hurry to them, they are dying, he felt like they are dying, they were his strongest but now their presence felt too weak....how, how could this happen. They were there, they were still fighting. But they were dying.

The wolves near them were strong, but not unnaturally strong, they weren't mutants like them but somehow his beasts fighters were defeated?... How? Why was this happening?

He could feel senses dulling. He was surrounded now and was fighting the strongests one at the same time. But he had made the choice, and he was wrong. He had walked his pack to the path of slaughter. He was regretful.  He was regretful that his men are dying. He was regretful that his mate, his mate would hate him.  So digging into some more of his strength he jumped and then he felt it.

Searing pain. Immediate and intense on his side. His panic started to set in at the fact that he may not be able to go to his pack, let alone save them . Shit. He was a mess. With his last of his strength burned out he lost his stance.

And then he felt his mate scent. He drunk in it feeling more light headed. He felt the one named Kevin lung at him, he saw his the Albino running towards him. But he could only focus on the source of the sweet smell.

His mate stumbling out looking bewilderly at his Alpha. He looked up, as he was being pinned to the ground.

''Stop!'' His mate shouted. Eyes worried. Expression pleading.

Dellert could only stare at him.

"Please Stop, He is my mate."