Bucky's arm

Bucky hated his metal arm, always had it covered whenever he went out and never liked to show it off. Rarely wore short sleeve t-shirts. No one took notice of it except you. You did not know Bucky very well but you knew he did not like his arm, or the scars that covered it. You did not like your scars that you had over your stomach and legs so you never wore bikinis or shorts but you thought to help bucky you would.

Today was a hot day and everyone was having a pool day. You usually did not join and Bucky never did as he did not like having his shirt off around anyone.

Yn: come on Buck, come and just join us at the poolside, I know you do not want to get in and that is ok, just come and interact with us.

Bucky: fine, but I am not getting in.

Yn: That is fine. Also would you like to wear a t-shirt for today as it is very hot outside.

Bucky: No, it is fine.

Yn: ok.

You did not want to push him, it was hard enough trying to get him to come up with everyone in the first place. You went up to the pool deck and took off your cover ups and had this bikini on underneath.

Your Bikini (just imagine scars all over your stomach and on your thighs

You were showing all your scars from several missions and the tourture you endured as a child.

Steve: wow, yn I have never seen you in a Bikini before.

Yn: yeah I never like showing all my scars

Nat: hate to break it to you but we can see them all now.

Yn: yeah, I know. I thought that today I was going to show it off. Show that I am strong even after everything I have been through and that they do not define me and I should not have to hide or be ashamed of them. They prove I am strong.

While you say this you look at Bucky who is looking at you wide eyed.

Tony: ok what is going on here

He points his finger in between you and Bucky

Yn: nothing.

Tony: Really because while you were saying your little speech you were looking at Bucky.

Yn: that was because it was directed at Bucky because you are all too flipping blind to notice that he is insecure about his metal arm and I was trying to prove a point that he should not be because it is showing his strength for coming past what he has endured and he should be proud of it.

Steve: Buck is that true.

Bucky: yeah it is. Thank you for noticing and acting on it. Race you to the pool.

Yn: oh it is on.

Bucky took off his shirt to show his full arm and all the scars and was now in his boardshorts and was racing you to the pool.

You both got in with a splash and started playing around. That was the start of the best friendship the team had seen. 

End