The Military Among Them

(Sorry, have not had time to edit this one and was done on my phone instead of my laptop. Is still one of my favourites though)

You were 25 and an avenger however you were never trained by anyone in particular you were trained by the army from when you were 18-23 you still worked in the army, however you were super humble and never told anyone.

you had never met Rhody before with the avengers but, you trained with him. He was a colonel and you were a colonel as well and his right hand woman. you still worked at the base every weekend and time off, you were well respected for your service.

one day Tony wanted to take the team to the army base where Rhody worked.

tony: Hey everyone, tomorrow we are going to the army base to visit one of my friends.

steve: Are you sure it is ok?

tony: yeah I think it would be nice to honour all of the service men and woman.

nat: I agree while we do save the planet they save the people of the country everyday.

--- the next day ---

you all get up and ready to go.

you all pile into the cars and then are on your way to the base. You were a little nervous as you never told anyone, but at the base you were still respected and saluted by fellow military companions and you never mentioned to Rhody that you were with the avengers.

you walked in the back way due to being with Tony Stark and being the Avengers. when you walked in with them several people looked shocked, when you gave them a smile they gave you a small salute. that no one noticed.

Agent Jones walked over to you to give you the tour.

Agent Jones: Hello everyone, I will be giving your tour today. I am Agent Jones but you can call me Alice.

without noticing you.

Agent Alice: So we have some rules in place which I am sure you do not need to.

she stopped mid way when she spotted you.

you gave her a small nod and a smile to signal for her to continue with what she was saying.

Clint: Is everything ok Alice?

Alice wanted to make sure that you were seeing her in the highest regard.

Alice: Of course, shall we continue.

When you go to your first stop some of the agents did salute you, not one of the avengers noticed, that was until one came to your group.

Agent Smith: Alice, I quickly need our help on ...

as he was about to say more he spotted you, he stood up straight and gave you a salute.

yn: at ease, soldier. continue your conversation with Agent Jones.

you ordered him in your army voice.

He continued his conversation while the avengers were confused about what was going on.

steve: What was that?

he asked you as you walked further along.

you just shrugged in response and kept going.

Alice: We are now going to walk into one of our flight simulators which help our crew prepare for different battle situations.

when they walked in everyone acted normal but once you stepped foot into the room, everyone saluted you.

all the avengers looked around to see if they could find who they were saluting to.

yn: At ease Soldiers.

you boom throughout the room.

when they all went back to doing what they were doing before you walked in.

the team gave you a raised eyebrow but you just shrugged it off.

tony: How are you doing that?

yn: doing what?

tony: get them to salute you and to control them

yn: well...

as you were about to say something Rhody walks in.

tony: Hey Rhody

rhody: hya. Soldiers at ease.

he says to the soldiers who have saluted him.

tony: Nice to see you again Rhody, it has been a long time.

rhody: indeed it is. any news that the base should be warned about on the avenger end?

steve: Nothing to report besides that we should Introduce you to our newest member.

rhody: Who is it?

Nat: yn yln.

Rhody looked shocked. at your name. you never told him that you were with the avenger. they parted ways for you and you stepped out.

yn: Coronel

you salute

rhody: Coronel

he salutes

you both salute, laugh and give each other a hug.

rhody: good to see you munchkin. How dare you not tell me you were working with the avengers.

yn: yeah well, guess the training came in handy.

rhody: told you it would

yn: yeah, yeah, I know, I know

nat: are we missing something?

Clint: How do you know Rhody? and get saluted?

rhody: well let me introduce you to one of America's finest coronels in the force as well as my right hand woman and youngest colonel in the base. highly respected and has done wonders for america.

nat: you NeVeR TOLD US?

Nat yelled

yn: it really was not that important, and it is nothing new to the team.

tony: Kinda is, like wars did you fight in?

yn: Iraq, Afganistan for a few years, and a bit in Colombia. so not too much.

rhody: you are to humble pumpkin

yn: yeah, but I think that is a good thing'.

Steve: It is but bragging is not the worst thing you can do.

yn: I will try.

End