STEVE AND PEGGY'S DAUGHTER (2)

This is set after endgame

Steve is about to go back in time. And you knew he was going to stay with your mother. You could tell by the way he said goodbye to people. As you were about to say bye he handed you a letter.

Steve: Keep it safe.

Yn: always. I am going to miss you Daddy.

Steve: I am going to miss you too, my little Pumpkin. You will do wonders of the world, I know it.

Yn: I wish you did not have to leave but I know that this will finally make you happy. I just wish I could provide enough but I love you.

Steve: You do make me happy but you will see me in 10 seconds, alright Pumpkin.

Yn: I know. I love you. Enjoy. I love you.

Steve: I love you too, Yn Carter-Rogers.

As soon as he leaves you start to tear up. Sam and Bucky come over to see you.

Bucky: He will be back now.

bruce/hulk: uhh he is stuck.

You turn and smile.

Yn: no he isn't, he just lived.

You started walking over to your dad. Everyone is following your movements. Then they all stopped when they saw you sit next to an older man.

Bucky: steve?

Yn: Hey daddy.

Steve: Hey kiddo, I told you I would see you soon.

Yn: I know. How was it? Everything you imagined and more?

Steve: yeah. But I have something for you.

Yn: yeah?

Steve handed you a round case and opened it to show his shield then handed it too you.

Steve: This is yours now. You must carry the legacy.

Yn: Dad I can't.

Steve: Baby, you can and you have too. I believe in you. When I leave, read that letter. I gave you.

Yn: no, dad please. I always need you. Please.

Steve: I am sorry.

He then gives you one last hug and then gets up and walks away. As soon as he is out of sight you just burst into tears. You sit on the bench and just sob. Bucky and Sam come over to you and comfort you.

Bucky: I am so sorry Sweetheart, you did not deserve that.

Yn: it is fine. He was happy. That is all I ever wanted for him. To be happy.

Sam: still.

You cut him off.

Yn: I appreciate this but I really just want to be left alone.

You grab your stuff and then walk away. When you are alone that night you read the letter.

Dear my amazing, smart and caring Daughter

I know that this is not what you wanted or what you expected. I love you with all my heart, I know that it may not seem like it at the moment but I just hope one day you will forgive me. I want you to know that I will always love you. I also know you will be questioning why I gave you the shield. It is not because you are a perfect person, or because you are ruthless. It is because you are a good person. You are a kind soul who still has more humanity inside of it than many of us. I love you and you deserve it. I have left you a gift inside this letter, I hope it will keep you remembering that I am always up here looking over you with your mother. We love you. Do not cry because this chapter is over, smile because it happened.

Signed your father & pal till the end of the line

Steve Carter - Rogers.

I will love you till the end of the line.

Goodbye my sweet.

You just sat there with your cheeks soaked in tears as you tentatively opened up the small package inside was your fathers army dog tags. You held them close to your heart and put them vowing to never take them off. You also had a little not showing you what colon he wore, you knew he thought it would help you.

Then the next day you walked into a room where Sam and Bucky where, with the dog tags around your neck.

Sam: how are you feeling?

Yn: not great but the world keeps moving.

Bucky: hey yn, is that Steve's army dog tag?

Yn: yeah it is. He wrote me a letter and gave them to me as well as the name for his colon.

Bucky: yeah that is steve.

From that day on you had a deal with the colon company and got a new one every 3 months and have never taken the tags off.

End