➟ 06. keeping cool

"So you think I'm charming?"

_________

IT WAS A GOOD DEAL for Charles. Most of his woes regarding his conflicted feelings for Andie have been pacified. First of all, it was just a show anyway. He could enjoy the perks of "being" with Andie with no strings attached. Second, he didn't need to worry about the upper ups reprimanding him for this odd office romance because, well, it was literally set up by none other than his boss. All he had to do now was to not fall too deep into this blooming charade.

For Andie, her worries regarding the media remained. She was scared of what people might start calling her but she took this opportunity as a way to not let anyone but herself dictate how she chooses to live her life. The Parisian did think that this little act they'll be putting on will intrigue not only the Tifosi and F1 fans but also outsiders. From a business standpoint, it was a good move.

Kind of.

She was still struggling to see what potential Mattia saw when he suggested it.

Although, what was important was that they must never forget to tread lightly. The longer they would keep this up, the more likely it is for them to start believing their own lies. If that would ever happen, they wouldn't be able to really decipher what's real from what's not anymore.

But for now, they had to deal with Laurie who just dragged both of them to the empty conference room, wanting to know what the hell was going on after witnessing their little moment at the dining hall.

"You two, sit." She instructed both of them as she shut the door behind them, "What's going on?"

Charles bit back a laugh and Andie was trying to find the right words to explain the last few hours to her.

"We're in love." Charles cheekily joked, took Andie's hand again and held it up for their publicist to see.

Andie clicked her tongue in annoyance and forcibly removed her hand from his, giving him a hard nudge on the side. He grunted and she glared.

"No, we're not." She corrected him then turned to Laurie, "What you saw was just something to rile people up. You can relax."

"Relax?!" Her eyes bulged, "You literally just said it was something to rile people up. Well, congratulations, you did a great job at doing so! Now can someone please explain to me why you two are 'faking' being all lovey-dovey? I spent my whole night last night explaining to the PR team and the media reps that you two aren't canoodling with each other behind the scenes and now this?"

Charles shifted on his seat, realizing that he should've tried to calm Laurie down before messing with her.

"It was Mattia. He came up with this." Andie responded.

This only confused Laurie even more, "What? Why?"

"It's a PR stunt. He thought it would be good to reel in more attention and support for Ferrari." Charles explained further, "We're not joking either. You could go ask Mattia himself."