➟ 09. sky high

A/N: hi so in light of recent unfortunate events (aka silverstone and the previous races before that), i wanted to make this chapter as sad and depressing as i felt during those dark days 🤡 BUT charles won austria! so i just decided to make this chapter fluffy and happy so i guess im reserving the next chapter for the heavy stuff :") so here's 10k words on #chandie <333 (FHSJSKA THAT SHIP NAME OKI SORI ITS 4AM) anyway hope you guys like it hehe the latter part is my personal fav :> bUT also i'm sorry it took me so long to update again because i've been so busy with uni

" you've given me a lot to remember. "

_________

The fresh air of Maranello breezed through Andie's hair as she got out of her car, ready to clock in for the day. She picked her bag up from the passenger seat, locked the vehicle, and went ahead to go through the doors of the headquarters, greeting people with a warm smile along the way, making her way to the drivers' workstations upstairs.

Once the lift promptly arrived, she stepped inside and pressed onto her designated level. As the doors began to close, she heard the increasingly loud sound of hurried footsteps running and echoing through the building foyer, along with incoherent pleas to hold the doors open.

Andie was about to heed that request with just a push of a button but then a hand came in between the steel, preventing it from closing in the nick of time. As the elevator gradually opened once more, Andie was then met with the devilishly handsome face of none other than Charles Leclerc. He was in a simple white shirt, a pair of jeans, and red converse... a sight for sore eyes.

They exchanged small smiles, playing it dumb and safe now that they were in a public workspace.

"Hi." Andie greeted him meekly with a nod.

He returned the formal gesture, "Hello."

Charles got into the lift alongside her and once it finally came to a full close with the elevator beginning to ascend, they let their guards down. He wrapped his arm around her, pressing a short but sweet kiss to Andie's temple.

"Buongiorno, cucciola..." He smiled as his thumb lightly brushed against her cheek with his hand resting gently on her shoulder.

It felt good to actually call her by silly pet names without having to hide the genuine endearment behind them.

"Bonjour." She leaned her head in slightly to his chest, resting there.

"So what's on your agenda today?"

"Same as you." She scoffed, "Did you already forget Laurie's briefing from yesterday?"

"Yes, that's why I'm asking." He replied.

Andie then replied to give him a summary, not even putting in the effort to pick on him because it was too early in the morning, "We have to review our stats and our car's conditions from past races then we'll have personal meetings with our engineers to relay what we've reviewed so that we could strategize for the next grand prix, then we'll have a team meeting to discuss our overall chances for the next race. Right after that, we hit the simulator until we clock out."