➟ 38. the speedy bunch

a/n: FLUFF! HUMOR! SLICE OF LIFE! i know some of yall have been wanting this, so you're welcome <33 (just the tiniest bit of angst, but i swear this is fluffy as hell) it's a real 180 from all the drama i've been stirring lately 😭

uh... do we draw straws for this?

_________

THE FRENCH GRAND PRIX HAS always held a special place in Andie's heart. Because not only is it her home race, but it's also served as the backdrop for several cherished moments in her life. From her first-ever win in F1, to her first dramatic kiss with Charles on the champion's podium, to Charles' heartfelt proposal on the same top step, the circuit at Le Castellet has witnessed significant milestones in their relationship.

However, this year's race weekend will be unlike any other.

The sun begins its descent over the French countryside, painting the sky in shades of pink and orange. The suite was filled with a soft, warm glow, creating a cozy atmosphere for the Leclerc family to unwind after their journey from Monaco. They had just arrived the hotel and they had just settled in that peaceful Tuesday.

Andie, her seven-and-a-half-month pregnant belly gently rounding, sat on the carpeted floor, a cushion supporting her back. She watches Cami play with her toy cars, a beautiful smile on her face. Charles, always by her side, settled down next to her, pressing a gentle kiss to her temple.

"Hey, babe." He pulls her close to him.

Andie leans into his chest and takes in his warm presence, "Coucou..."

As he's about to say something more, he notices Andie's hand on her back and the look of slight discomfort on her face.

"Are you alright?" He asks, concerned.

She nods and shrugs it off, "I'm okay. Just minor contractions. Nothing serious."

Charles' hand rests on Andie's stomach, wanting to offer any semblance of comfort but then he feels the gentle movements of their twins, and he's instantly swept off his feet with them.

"Wow, it looks like they're having a party in there." Charles remarks, a playful glint in his eyes as he feels a kick.

Andie chuckles, "They do like to kick a lot."

"Well..." He shudders and quietly retorts, "Maybe they're practicing kicking me in the balls just like their older sister."

Andie, hearing her husband's mumbling, laughs and attempts to soothe him, "Maybe they're just practicing their football moves. Future football stars, perhaps?"

"They'll have to be natural prodigies then." Charles laughs, shaking his head, "Because I'm afraid I don't carry the genes for any good football skills."