➟ 17. tenterhooks

" scared you that much, huh? "

_________

AFTER THEIR SWEET VICTORY IN Monza, Charles and Andie decided to spend the upcoming week together in Monaco after he had finally and successfully convinced her to do so. The well-deserved break was what they needed anyway to prepare for the Japanese Grand Prix the following week.

Though, just hours before their morning flight, Charles was left waiting at the hotel lobby for Andie. The car that was to take them to the airport was there on the driveway already but she was no where in sight. It was unusual. Andie would often be there before Charles.

This was the first time she made him wait and something seemed off.

Before he could reach for his phone to try calling her, Laurie came bursting through the lobby doors holding in her hands a bottle of water, a plastic bag from the pharmacy a few blocks down, and a hash brown from McDonalds. All the while as she was also pressing her phone to her ear...

"Andie, I'm here. I'll be there in a second." She spoke to her phone, "Just hold on, okay?"

Charles overheard her words and came rushing to her, thinking something bad must have happened.

"Is Andie okay? Where is she?" He started to worry immensely.

Laurie was startled to see him pop out of the blue, "Huh?—oh yeah. She's fine. Nothing I can't handle."

"What exactly is going on?"

"Look, Charles. Questions later please. I really need to get all these things to her." Laurie was in a rush, "Don't worry, she'll be fine."

Charles let her run to where dhe needed to be but not without running after her to see what was happening for himself. He trailed her up until they reached the hotel lobby's women's powder room...

He had to wait outside while Laurie went in. Though, that didn't stop him from putting his ear to the door to listen to what was happening inside.

"Andie, I'm here!" Laurie announced, "Where are you?—Oh my god! Sweetie, get up from there!"

She was sitting on the floor, back against the wall. She looked exhausted.

"Do you have what I asked for?" Andie weakly replied.

"Yeah, I do... but you have to drink the medicine first, okay?"

"My head hurts like hell and it won't stop spinning." Andie sounded like she was about to cry, "My tummy hurts so much too..."

"I know, darling..." Laurie knelt down beside her to rub circles on her back, "I got you the hash brown you told me you were really craving for."