➟ 13. slipstream

A/N: hi its me again 🥲 i'm so sorry i haven't updated in so long 😭 since chapter 12, a lot has happened with my uni life but i'm crawling towards the end of the semester so i finally have time to write again! i know the current season's been... a challenge for all of us as ferrari fans but oh well 🤡 let's all pretend everything's going well and only good things are happening 😭 so here's an update! thank you all for your love and support for this book, it really means a lot that you guys are still patient with me 💗 rest assured, i truly plan to finish this book and not leave you all hanging but it really will take some time until that happens 🥹 love you all and hope you enjoy this chapter! kinda short but extra sweet <333

 a challenge for all of us as ferrari fans but oh well 🤡 let's all pretend everything's going well and only good things are happening 😭 so here's an update! thank you all for your love and support for this book, it really means a lot that you gu...

" to be world champion. "

_________

THE STARES WERE HEAVY AND most of all, suffocating. Andie thought she'd be used to the public's overbearing judgement by now but she was so wrong. All she could do was walk through the paddock with her head held up high as to show that she was unbothered... or at least look like it anyway. Either way, she had to brave through the passive stares and not so subtle murmurs.

Just as she was about to make a turn for the Ferrari hospitality, she spotted a group of paddock tourists being shown around by a guide. It seemed like Ferrari was next in line on their list to teams to visit. Seeing that much people and knowing she was on her own, walking right into them seemed like a dumb thing to do since she was trying to veer away from people in general right now. She didn't have the energy and neither did she want to put up with the scrutiny.

And so, she turned away and walked in the opposite direction of where she was going. That was when she spotted familiar dimpled cheeks coming her way and suddenly, she felt the world's rumbling come to a stop. She unknowingly let out a small smile of relief as she stopped in her tracks, letting the brunette boy find his way to her.

"Ciao, bella." He kissed her forehead, "You seem tense. What's wrong?"

She shook her head and intertwined their fingers, "I'm fine. Let's go for a track walk?"

He obliged with no question, letting her briskly lead him to the circuit by hand.

"You sure you're alright? Why do I feel like I'm running away from your problems with you right now?" He laughed.

She sighed, "So what if you are?"

"Nothing. Lead the way, Renaldi."

They quietly avoided people and made their way to the circuit. At first, Andie thought it was kind of poetic... how, as the people the world sees them to be, it would usually only take them a minute or two go get around this place but now, it seemed like it would take them about half an hour now that they were just being themselves.

Or maybe Andie just had so much on her mind and equally too much moments of silence that she was able to think of that. It didn't even make much sense when she really thought about it.