➟ 31. ferrari

a/n: before you read this chapter, i just wanna remind u guys that things will have to get worse before they get any better—BUT BOTTOMLINE!! im making sure that after all the shit andie and charles go through, only powerful and happy moments will come from this book 🥹 so hold on until chapter 34 alright HDSJSJJS

...GOT A HEAVY HEART
'CAUSE IT'S STILL BEATING ON ITS OWN.

_________

SOMETIMES, ANDIE WOULD ATTEMPT TO ponder on what her life would be like if she never decided to have her daughter... but the mere thought of doing that would make her feel sick to her stomach.

It was just one of the rabbit holes she finds herself getting sucked into whilst in her solitude.

It was Tuesday.

It's been about four days since Charles left for Maranello. It's been four days since he's been working overtime almost every night. He tries to Facetime Andie during the little free time he had but those long video calls soon turn into short voice calls; and those short voice calls turn into dry text messages.

She's had to see her therapist again and again to just vent about how she's still struggling with Charles' absence. She's been doing better at controlling her emotions and learning to love by herself but she still wasn't quite happy. And the only thing that could really fix that in her eyes was to have him back by her side.

But his texts were short and infrequent... and she found herself having to always initiate the conversations whenever he would get the time to talk to her.

But at least he still makes an effort to keep in touch, so she appreciates that. Even if he isn't available to come home to her... at least he's keeping up the communication. That's what she tells herself.

With Pierre back in Enstone at Alpine's HQ, Andie no longer had anyone to keep her company as a last resort. She was also really starting to feel lonely without Charles around again... the house just felt like a ghost town to her, and the sound of Cami's cries would only make the lack of Charles' presence hurt even more.

Her mood had hit her hard as she felt all alone in the house with their baby... she knew she should be used to it by now but she wasn't. She didn't want this to become her new normal, she wanted Charles to come back home.

But he couldn't just yet.

"C'mon..." Andie impatiently mutters to herself as her fingers tap away at their bed, she staring at her phone.

It was around the time Charles would usually clock out already and she was waiting for his call... but she was yet to receive anything.