➟ 14. possibilities

a/n: hello again <333 these next few chapters are just to bring everything to a full circle, take care of some loose ends, hint at their probable futures, and to end on a sweet note 😌 might feature a time skip or two but that would be much later on hehe once, i'm done with everything i might just edit some chapters too but anywho, this chapter contains what i really missed writing: banter 🥹

" ...I know she's goddamn fast."

_________

FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME in a very long time, things were calm. It was refreshing; just what everyone needed... for right then, there was no race that week and that meant they had time to breathe and prepare for Ferrari's home race the next weekend. They were doing just that by staying at Maranello.

And currently, Charles was off doing some hot laps on the Fiorano circuit. No pressure, just vroom vroom.

"Charles, your current lap time: one minute and three seconds. Repeat, your current lap time is one minute and three seconds." Xavi radioed in as car #16 zoomed across the track.

"Gap to Andie?" He asked.

"She was faster by a tenth."

Charles scoffed, "Copy."

He did one more lap but unfortunately that wasn't enough to match Andie's time.

"Box, box."

Charles drove back to the pits and was assisted back into the garage where he propped himself up on the halo and got out of the car. He took his helmet off, then his balaclava, and next were his earpieces. As Andrea came over to give him his bottle, the performance coach noticed his athlete's eyes busy searching the tiny garage for someone.

"She's at the drivers'workstation." Andrea informed him even if Charles had not asked him about it.

"What?"

"You have that love-sick look in your eyes again." Andrea pointed it out like it was such a common occurrence, "It'd be weird if you were looking for anyone else."

Charles let out a breathy laugh, "Okay, yeah, you got me."

"Exactly. Which is why you should know: she's at the drivers' workstation."

The Ferrari driver nodded and gave his trainer a thumbs up, "Thanks for telling me."

"Freshen up because you're up for a short meeting with your engineers." Andrea gave Charles a pat on the back as a sign to get moving, "You can go see her afterwards."