➟ 20. cruise control

" i don't want to go to bed like this

" i don't want to go to bed like this. "

_________

IT WAS A NICE MORNING in Milton Keynes. The sun was out with just the right amount of clouds in the vivid blue sky; a sight not to take for granted in the United Kingdom. It wasn't too cold and it wasn't too hot either. It was just right. It was the kind of start to the day that could put anyone in a good mood.

Andie just got out of her sleek bright blue Porsche 911 and walked into the Red Bull Racing headquarters with a smile on her face. She swiped her keycard to enter the building and was instantly met by the employees that busily roamed around the place.

The Red Bull team was bustling with life and energy so early in the morning and Andie loved it. She walked through the halls and greeted all those who passed her as she made her way up to the conference room on the second floor for that morning meeting with Christian, Max, their race engineers, department heads, and PR team.

Once there, she took her seat next to Max who gave her a fist bump as soon as she settled down.

"Good morning, everyone. Beautiful day, isn't it?" Christian started, "It gets even more beautiful when you remember again we're leading the championship—both drivers and constructors. Cheers."

A small round of applause echoed through the room. Andie smiled wide.

Christian then began to request for rundowns on each department's work and possible upgrades for the next race two weeks from then. Then the race engineers relayed some groundwork for the possible strategies they were analyzing already. Whilst the PR team just informed Max and Andie of all the promotional events they'd have to partake in for the rest of the week as well.

Horner eventually wrapped it all up when all were done with their status reporting but as everyone got up from their seats and started leaving, he called out to his two drivers to talk over some things that apparently the rest of the team didn't need to be around for.

"Max, Andie. Could I have a word with you two?" He said, "It'll be quick, I promise."

"Sure." Max answered for them, being the first to take his seat again.

Andie followed suit and went back to Max's side, "What is it?"

"I just wanted to say that you two have been performing perfectly ever since the start of the season. I really think this is the year that we bring back the titles to Red Bull." Christian proudly commended his drivers, "The only one standing in our way now as it seems... is Leclerc. Now, Andie, I know you just got engaged and I'm absolutely ecstatic for you but... I just hope you don't go soft on him or anything."