With Love

Penny was standing in the dimly lit potions classroom, a pile of grimy looking ingredients, labels worn off, waiting for her

Penny was standing in the dimly lit potions classroom, a pile of grimy looking ingredients, labels worn off, waiting for her. Her head throbbed uncomfortably, and she rubbed her forehead in an attempt to make it go away. Looking at what would be hours of work, she groaned inwardly. She still had Transfiguration and History of Magic reading to complete by tomorrow.

"Sit," said Snape, motioning to a seat across from his desk,

She did as she was told and waited for him to whisk around the desk to face her.

"The method for helping the symptoms you have mentioned is known as Legilimency and Occlumency. It is the means for entering someone's mind and the ability to keep someone out of your mind."

"What! You can do that?" Penny said, suddenly paranoid.

Snape nodded, his dark eyes feeling suddenly threatening looking back at her. Had he intruded into her thoughts? Was he there, at this very moment, listening to her turmoil?

"The thoughts of 14 year-olds are very dull, you can put to rest your worry I have every bothered to look," Snape said in an almost bored tone.

"How chivalrous of you," said Penny, feeling relieved. She had definitely committed plagiarism a few times for Harry, the last thing she needed was Snape finding out and tormenting Harry any more than he already did.

"However, this will require you to open yourself me, so I can find the source of the problem and help strengthen your mind. This should relieve the feeling of intrusion you have described," he said, interlacing his fingers delicately, watching her closely.

It seemed straightforward enough to Penny, but she did not understand what was causing the pain or why it had started so suddenly. She heard the nagging voice of her brother in her ear, demanding explanations, reasons, and causes, more information that Snape may be conveniently withholding, but Penny found she just didn't care. It was nearly impossible to remain focused with the continual buzzing that had developed and was on the verge of making her want to scream. It was only the start of term and she already had so many things to catch up on, choir started tomorrow and she had not even considered what their show this year would be. Penny needed the exhaustion gone, she needed the use of her brain back.

"If I agree to this, what are you capable of accessing while inside my head," Penny finally replied in a suspicious tone.

"That is up to you. It depends on your ability to control your emotions. Anything you think of will be shared with me."

"Lucky I am not Harry and have impeccable control of my emotions, but I do have secrets not fit for the delicate eyes of my professor, so steer clear," Penny said, leaning back in her chair, her arms on the back of her head and a grin spreading across her face.

His eyes flashed like they did when she reminded him of her father. Unamused and borderline vindictive, Snape pulled out his wand, laid it in front of her and leaned forward.