The Orphan and the Tyrant

WARNING: VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT

Hey friends!

I hope you're ready for a very long chapter! This is the longest I've written yet, nearly 15k words!! I remember when 5k chapters felt long....lol. Hopefully this makes up for being late on the update. I had a lot of stuff going on for Halloween and getting back into the swing of things took some time. This chapter we explore the end of the holidays, hope you enjoy !! I've been writing and editing for the last 12 hours straight, so I'm sure there are errors and I apologize for them. I'll give this another edit tomorrow with fresh eyes, I just want a nap now

*******

The unbreakable vow," Penny said sharply, dropping the peeler from her hand. "Are you sure—"

"Yes!" Harry said, looking exasperated.

"And he was offering to help Malfoy with whatever he has been doing for the Dark Lord?"

"We don't know that it's for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named," Ron pointed out, throwing his own peeler into the sink in annoyance.

"Yes we do," Penny and Harry said in unison.

"There is only one person anyone refers to as master," Penny said with an edge that made the other two peer curiously at her.

Her hand involuntarily reached for the neck of the sweater Mrs. Weasley had given her for Christmas. It was maroon with a big black bearlike dog on the front. Penny still hadn't confided in them about receiving the Dark Mark or told them about all too frequent field trips to the Malfoy Manor now that she was Snape's fiancé.

It seemed Dumbledore was also keeping that information quiet, something Penny appreciated because she did not think she could handle their reactions when they did find out. Being Christmas, Penny was hardly going to make such a horrid confession. But she did not feel overly guilty seeing as she'd caught Ron and Harry having whispered conversations on the stairs, reminding her Harry was also going out of his way to keep something from her.

She wondered vaguely when things had changed between them. There'd been a time they'd shared everything and secrets were unthinkable. These days, it was like the secrets were piling up so high Penny was certain soon she wouldn't be able to see her twin through them. And yet, she felt perhaps it was also just the way life went. They'd grown up and it was no longer just the two of them. There were things Harry was carrying now, that it felt cruel to burden him with Penny's problems. So she straightened her face.

"Even if that is true, everyone will say Snape was just pretending so Draco would tell him what he's up to," Ron said after a moment.

"Of course he's pretending. Whatever Malfoy is up to must be pretty serious if he was the one who gave Katie that necklace," Penny said dismissively.