Dissenters

PLEASE READ:Hey ya'll, before I get to the chapter I must make the sad announcement that I will be on hiatus for the rest of June 😞 I am sad, but I have my ceremony coming up, family visiting and I'm going on a trip so I won't be able to keep up

PLEASE READ:

Hey ya'll, before I get to the chapter I must make the sad announcement that I will be on hiatus for the rest of June 😞 I am sad, but I have my ceremony coming up, family visiting and I'm going on a trip so I won't be able to keep up. But I will likely still write and will post whatever I have come July. I'll miss you all and hope you have a safe and fun start to the summer!Now, HERE WE ARE 100 DAMN CHAPTERS. We made it!! Thanks to all you readers!! It's been such a fun ride and privilege to share this story with you, it really brings me a lot of joy to write, so thank you for being here 💜 🌈 I wasn't sure what to do with this chapter, but hopefully it's a memorable one??

Also, BEWARE there is violence in this chapter.

******

"Honestly, Penny, if she catches you," hissed Hermione.

"If you don't let her concentrate she will and you'll be to blame," Ron hissed back, his eyes fixed on the front of the room where Umbridge sat, looking annoyingly content with herself due to the apparent attentiveness of the class to their reading.

They were so quiet that Umbridge's beady eyes even abandoned their routine surveillance of them all and were now focused on a pink piece of parchment she was scratching some notes upon. Little did she know, the entire class was quiet because they were focused on the hat that had been meticulously levitated across the room by Penny in a manner that would go unnoticed by Umbridge. 20 minutes into this process, Penny had managed to get the hat behind Umbridge, and was now slowly lifting it to head level, where the true difficulty would be getting it on Umbridge's head without her realizing what had been done. Considering the giant, disgustingly girlish bow that sat upon her over-large head, Penny felt the odds were in her favor.

The air became still as her fellow Gryffindors held their breath while the hat inched lower to her head, until finally with an expert flick of her wand, Penny let the hat land softly, her heart stopping for a moment because Umbridge turned to look at them all at this precise moment. But before she could fix her toad-like face upon them, it vanished, and a headless, squat body adorned in a matching pink top and skirt got to its feet.

For a long moment the room just stared at Umbridge, she seemingly looked back at them, and then as though an explosion had gone off, the room erupted into laughter, Ron sliding off his chair and even Hermione smirking despite herself. Having no idea what the disruption was about, Umbridge began demanding students explain themselves, hovering over them, headless, which only resulted in more laughter. But not a single one informed Umbridge her head was missing, and in fact her next two classes with the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs also remained tight-lipped, Umbridge becoming furious about not being able to work out the source of the disruptions.

It was not until lunch that those in her new 'inquisitorial squad' broke the silence. However, much to Penny's pleasure, Umbridge did not realize it was one of Weasley's new creations, headless hats, that were to blame and therefore she futilely tried every spell to return the visibility of her head to no avail. Apparently, she had worked it out later in the evening, most likely when she bathed, because her head had returned the next day and she added the headless hats to Filch's contraband list, a move that sent demand for the hats beyond what Fred and George currently had stock for, so they began a back order list and thoroughly praised Penny for her superb marketing skills.