Abstinence

Happy update daay!

Hope this finds you all well! Ive been getting ready for the holidays (I'm a Christmas lover, sorrrry) and enjoying IT BEING COLD OUTSIDE. It was so nice to sit inside this week and be cozy, write and watch the latest episode of the handmaid's tale. I have come to realize I have a type LOL. Nick Blaine, 🥵🥵 he's too much for me. Dark and handsome men forever for me! I guess I have Snape to thank for that one!

Happy reading

******

"What're you doing?" said Harry, peering over her arm.

"Just attaching the locket the twins got me to this," Penny replied, showing him the silver chain the vial of dittany that Snape always made her wear was dangling off.

"Why not just chuck the ugly vile and keep the chain the locket came with?" Ron asked, looking perplexed.

"That ugly vile is the only thing keeping my curse from progressing, but so sorry it's an eyesore to you."

"You're one to talk after that necklace Lavender sent you," grinned Harry, but Ron did not find it very funny and dove at him, the pair tumbling to the floor in one of those weird wrestling matches boys were always prone to.

"Not right here!" Swinging an annoyed kick at the pair of them, Penny managed to get them to break apart.

"No need to be so grumpy about it," sulked Harry, rubbing his ribcage.

"Yeah, try a nap or something. You've looked awful since you came back from Snape's," Ron said.

"Come to think of it, you have." Harry adjusted his glasses, eyes narrowing on her face. "What'd the git do to you?"

Penny's eyes naturally found the pair of warm brown eyes she knew were watching them, a knowing look flickering across his face.

"Seeing as I'm 'just a lunatic who actually believes in hell', you wouldn't even believe me if I told you, so I won't bother," she said, returning her attention to her task.

"I didn't say that," Harry frowned.

"You didn't disagree with it either."

"I'm sorry, alright! But if he's done anything to you, you don't have to protect him. He's not worth it, he's a liar; you have to see it, Penny!"

Penny turned, finding those green eyes blazing with that intensity of his. There was a reluctant kind of pity there, like he didn't quite comprehend her. Looking at him, Penny couldn't help but feel sad. This was the life Snape signed up for being Dumbledore's spy. And though his efforts kept them all safe, this was the thanks he got.

Was this why he was so distrustful, always looking for the thing that would finally set Penny against him? In what world could she possibly explain the things Snape had done for her that did not result in them hating him all the more? They would never look past the obvious; the mark; the scars, and see everything he'd done to spare her from a much more awful fate. In what world could Penny tell Harry, who hated Snape on principle since the day they set eyes on eachother, that she cared for the man and did not regret believing in him.