I Will Kiss You in Belgium

WARNINGS: If you are a Malfoy/ Harry only shipper, be warned I describe (not in much detail at all) an encounter of a sexual nature between Nott and Malfoy! SO avoid it if you need, it doesnt happen until the endish of the chapter.

Second warning: SEXUALITY happens. It's not super graphic, but curious teenagers! Avoid the end if thats not for you

A second note: You will recognize where Snape harasses Harry because it is taken directly from GoF and IS NOT MINE. I just loved the scene and wanted to use it, although in the GoF timeline is comes earlier, so I changed it a tad!

****

"Settle down, just because we are nearing the end of the year does not mean my expectations have changed, Longbottom," Snape said, his eyes landing on Neville with displeasure.

Neville had just ran through the door precisely one minute after the bell had rang, a sure fire way to garner Snape's retribution.

"I'm sorry, sir I got stuck in the trick stair, you haven't given today's directions already have you?" Neville squeaked, breathlessly.

"Of course not, Neville, Professor Snape needs at least the first ten minutes to make himself feel himself superior before he can teach anything," Penny said loudly, so it reached Neville across the room.

There was a collective gasp as both Gryffindor and Slytherin faces snapped in Snape's direction in anticipation of his response. His dark eyes narrowed on Penny who reclined lazily in her chair, giving herself a long stretch before bothering to meet his gaze.

Peculiarly, Penny's words were met with silence as Snape opted to instead, walk past her and make his way to Neville's table. She knew he believed making Neville pay for Penny's rudeness would be the more effective option. Snape's lack of acknowledgement of Penny's snark sent a ripple of murmuring through the class. But he gave no sign he noticed nor cared.

He stepped up to Neville's table, his pale thin hands grasping the edge as he looked down his hooked nose on the terrified boy. The sight irritated Penny who knew how fragile Neville's self confidence was. There was no doubt Snape intended to stomp out what little he'd cultivated.

"Do you own a watch, Mr. Longbottom?" said Snape.

"Y-yes, sir." Neville stammered, glancing down at the watch on his left wrist.

"And can you read that watch?"

Neville nodded, his eyes darting around the classroom as though begging someone to rescue him.

"Then, tell me what it says," Snape said, his voice in that quiet-danger-zone.

"Sir?" said Neville, his face going, if possible, even redder.

"Read the watch, you oaf" Snape sneered.

"But sir, I don't understand," Neville finally mustered.

"You don't understand how to read a clock?"

The Slytherins snickered loudly, including Malfoy, whom Penny kicked in the shin.

"N-no I know how to do that. It's just--"

"Do you now? Because you still have yet to do so," drawled Snape.

His brows furrowed, Neville looked down fearfully at his watch. Committing herself to her course of action, Penny got out of her chair and made her way across the room, every pair of eyes except Snape's following her. She stepped into Snape's bubble, feeling him stiffening satisfyingly. Then she reached for Neville's wrist, which he allowed her to take, and looked down at his watch. It looked old, like it was handed down. There were many chips in the glass, probably due to Neville's clumsiness, she'd need to remember to tell him she could teach him to fix that.