Stay

Today was a busy day. I woke up late and missed my meeting at work and I also brought sage to school Late.

Oh, the horror! she's late.

The school makes such a big deal out of being late. Like move on, mind your own business, please. Not only was I late today but I missed my therapist appointment and I really really needed to talk to someone. 

So after work, I went to visit my best friend. 

I sit on the grass and put her favorite flower and a blue card by her tombstone. "I miss you" I cry. I put my hand over her name. 

                                                          Sara Hazel Lewis.

                                                     Family, friends, mother

I felt like crying. I can't do it without her. I miss her so much. "Why did you leave me?" I sob and hit the ground. 

"Why couldn't you stay" I look up in the sky and see the sky dark. then It hits me. 

Sage!

I forgot to pick Sage up from school "Shit shit" I yell and run to my car.  I turn on the engine and hit the gas.  I will pick up Sage on time

I think I'm gonna make it!

~~~
I didn't make it.

I got pulled over by the police car. Currently, I'm waiting for the officer to walk to my window. I pull down the window and laugh. "Just my luck," I say. 

"It's you" Daniel's dad chuckles. 

Yes, Sage's friend Daniels dad.

"Ma'am, do you know what you were doing to get pulled over?" he smirks when I roll my eyes "I was speeding Sir" I answer back. 

"Why?" He replies and puts his hand on the car roof and one on his belt. 

"I'm late to pick up Sage" I sigh. His face turns into a frown "Oh shit me too!" He laughs and runs but comes back to my window and smile "Don't speed again" he points to me and I laugh. 

I guess I did get lucky. 

I turned the engine and drove to pick up Sage. 

~~~~~~

When I get home I open the door and see Sage run fast in the house. I smile and walk-in locking the door behind me. 

I kept thinking about Daniel's dad, why did he let me go off so easily? And with no warnings?

I mean, I know he has to pick up Daniel but why did he let me go? I guess that is a question ill never get the answer to. 

I snap out of my thoughts and walk to the kitchen, my heart warms when I see Sage already working hard on her homework. Sage, my baby girl.

I kiss her head and put on our favorite song. 'Adore You' by Harry Styles. 

I start gathering all the bowls and supplies I need to make for dinner. I  hear my phone buzz and I see Daniel's dad texted me.