CHAPTER-28

I'm sat in the garden with aunty talking as we wait for lunch. I'm being extremely awkward and I can tell she's picking up on it."So, I was thinking that we can go shopping together when katherine gets here." She excitingly suggests.

Who?

"Who's katherine?" I politely ask.

"Oh, my daughter, Stephen twin sister. She'll be studying in abroad so she can be present for the engagement party, the wedding. I got a feeling she'll love you." She rambles on, playfully nudging my arm, I just nod at her.I'm very socially awkward and I have no idea how to make conversation of any kind, I'm crossing my fingers, hoping I don't say or do something embarassing.

So, tell me about your mother wishes for your marriage." She asks, crossing her legs and leaning back on the chair. Aunty I don't know what she is thinking about my marriage , she died when I'm in infant age , i said to her

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry for your loss. You're a very strong young woman and I admire that." She says in a soft tone as she smiles at me. I smile back. "T-Thank you.""I got to say I didn't think my son would find such a charming, polite lady such as yourself." She compliments as I blush.

"You're quite different from girls your age, very mature too. Most girls are all about parties and getting into trouble." She adds, staring in me sweet gesture eyes."You'll make a great wife for him. And he'll take care of you no matter what." She cups my cheek and smiles at me.

We spent the next couple of hours chatting. She went through all the topics I can think of. Suprisingly, she was very attached talk to and she didn't judge me at all from the beginning which i enter , I found that very comforting so I just started to be more myself around her. I even made her laugh

She asked me about my relationship with louis and what I like about him. I had to use my imagination for that one.

Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position. I always thought that by some miracle, I'll meet someone who I connect with, a soulmate. Then we'd embark on our journey together and spend the rest of our lives together. But now, there's no way out of this, he'll always find me.

And if I run, he'll kill my surroundings , Deep in conversation, we're interrupted by louis who strides in wearing a black suit. He looks handsome but I still hate him.

"Mama ." He greets, his eyes landing on me to which I turn my head to the side."Are you and your father done with business?" She asks and he nods."Still a few things to sort out but yeah. You two seem to be getting along quite well." He states, not taking his eyes off me.Would he stop staring at me? It's making me nervous.

"And why wouldn't we be? We're soon to be a family." She giggles, looking up at him and then at me as my face drops.

Family.

Will aunty ever find out the truth? That he forced me into this marriage. I wonder what she would do if she found out. Of course, I can't tell her. I learned the hard way not to mess with this man. He has no boundaries.And I'm going to be his wife.

God, just the idea makes me want to rip my hair off. I'll be expected to sleep next to him, be by his side at all time. He will never leave me alone.

"Lunch is served. Should we eat out here or in the dining room?" He questions."Let's just go inside." Aunty said and stands up and adjusts her clothes. She's so posh.I, still sitting on the chair, glance up at Louis who's smirking as he looks down at me.He soon extends his arm and gives me his hand, motioning me to take it which I do.

Standing up, he's quick to wrap his arms around my waist. He pulls me closer to him and hums against my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "God, you look so fucking beautiful." He compliments and my cheeks paint a dark red.