CHAPTER- 29

"C-Can I um... I want...." "I struggle to word my question. Should I even ask him this?

"What is it?" He asks, looking intrigued.

"Can I visit the orphanage which near here ? I-I used to go there all the time to volunteer when i work in the cafe , I loved being there but I haven't been since I was uh-" I ramble on but he interrupts me.

"I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment." I frown and look down, nodding in acceptance. "You'll have to wait after the wedding. However, if there's someone from there you would like to invite to the ceremony then tell me. I'll never deny your requests, angel." He explains, I get to invite Mr and Mrs Johnson, they've been to Aunt and uncle from mother side it's close to me.

He just nodded Maybe, he's not too bad after all. But I still fear him, and the fact that I'm to share my life with him bothers me.

"Thank you, so much." I smile lightly at him and he hums to that, smirking at me as he does."What do you want to do today, do you want me to take you out?" He asks and I shake my head.

Lately, I haven't had the motivation to do anything. All I want to do is lay in bed, read a book and rest.

"That's fine. But you have to come out sometime. Maybe when my sister arrives, hm?" He suggests and I nod at him. I want this conversation to be over so I can get off his lap. It's making me feel all kinds of things."You can do what you want around the house for now, love.

I'll be in my office if you need me." He places me on the couch, planting a kiss on my forehead, before standing up and making his way out.

"Ah, I almost forgot." He stops and turns to me, making my attention go to him. "You're to accompany somewhere very special after our engagement." He states, his phone starts to ring so he reaches into his pocket and looks at it with a stern look on his face. He looks at me, as if waiting for me to answer him.

"Okay!" I reply. Go with him where?

It's been three days , decoration things going eligible. I've spent quite sometime with the aunty and Elena : we cooked, went out to the city, she was always so excited to do things together. Which made me even more comfortable around her, because I always feel like people don't want me around or I annoy them.

But she always wanted to spend more time with me.I haven't had any interactions with his younger brother though, which I don't mind. He kind of ride to me.

Today, louis's sister arrives as tomorrow is our engagement party that I'm absolutely dreading about. Everyone would be looking at me, I tried to talk to Louis about it but he said it's tradition. He also said that he wants everyone to see me. 'I want to show everyone how beautiful my fiancée is'. Those were his exact words.

Quite frankly I don't know what he sees in me, with his looks and status he can have any woman he wants. And they'd willingly marry him, so what does he want with me? From secret contract to real wedding all the things is happening so fastly without my recognition.

Sighing, I walk over to the main living room to hear aunty calling me. "Anna dear?" She calls out and I walk towards her.

"Yeah?"

"It's good that you're here. Can you take Louis to his breakfast? He hasn't eaten at all today." She requests and I hesitate. It's usually one of the maids who take him his breakfast, so why do I have to do it?"Uhh... are the maids not available?" I say as politely as I can, making sure I don't sound like I'm avoiding him.

I'm not the kind of person who relies on workers and expects them to do everything, not by a long shot. But I just don't want to be alone with him, he can't keep his hands to himself. He touches me which makes me feel something weird and inexplicable.