Chapter 9

Still not sure how Caroline managed to rope me into helping for the 'Night of illumination."

The past couple of days I have felt like absolute shit and getting in an argument with the woman who birthed me. Did not help.

When I came down from my room this morning she was in the kitchen, she started out talking all nice. Until I brought up the fact that she completely neglected me as a child, and she let my father abuse me.

She didn't think it was fair of me to bring up the past.

Yeah the past that still haunts me to this day, but ok. 

Anyway, at the moment I and Caroline am holding a ladder so that Binnie can continue to hang these lanterns.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna too," Caroline asks as she looks up at Bonnie. Caroline updated me today about everything that is important, that happed in the past year.

That includes Jeremy's two exes Anna, and the ex we both share. Vicki Donovan.

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side. And as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here." Bonnie says as she climbs down the ladder.

Damn, and I thought that I was having relationship problems. At least I am not dealing with any dead exes.

"Ok, you don't think I can resist commenting on that."

"There. You commented." Bonnie says as she walks towards a tree.

"Bonnie, Caroline didn't mean it like that," I say giving Caroline a look. She just rolls her eyes in response.

"Like what do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the power of nature to bring Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences." Bonnies says picking up another lantern to put up.

"I want you to say that you are not ok with it," Caroline says as she crosses her arms and leans against the ladder.

"I'm a thousand times not ok with it. I just don't know what to do about it." Bonnie says as she puts the lantern back on the grass.

"You know back in California, the worse supernatural problem I had. Were some very angry puppies is they didn't get fed. Never did I have to worry about ghosts coming back from the dead." I say looking down at my nails, I can feel Bonnie glaring. But I refuse to look up.

We all turn our heads when a vehicle drives into the street in front of us. Turns out it's Damon in his blue car.

"Greetings Blondie, Puppy." Yup, that is what the famous nickname Damon has come up with. I am a Puppy.

"Witchy. I think you got your Voodoo wires crossed. When you got rid of Vicki Donovan." Oh no, this can't be good.

"What do you mean, why?" Bonnie questions, walking closer to Damon's car.

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted, by Mason Lockwood's ghost." Wait, what beef would my uncle have with Damon.

"Why would you think that?" Caroline questions as she looks at me with a guilty expression. The question is why.

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having Deja Vu." Damon says looking at them. Now I see where I get my murderous tendencies from.

"I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people," Caroline says looking at Bonnie.

"They can't," Bonnie tries to claim.