Chapter 33

"Can we all please try and get along, for the sake of my sanity." Bonnie mumbles, finally shutting up Elena and Rebekah's incessant bickering.

Two boats. Nine people. Not a good combination when you can't walk away from someone who is pissing you off.

Isabelle did end up helping Jeremy kill vampires until the mark was fully revealed, once it was. They all quickly gathered their stuff and planned to get to the island. 

Klaus of course found out and proceeded to mention to them that he did have one of the major keys to finding Silas, so naturally, he came along for the ride as well.

Rebekah is the only one who knows about Kol being daggered, Isabelle figured that telling everyone he ran off would be a much better idea. Plus Kol was the least of everyone's worries now that the cure was in reach.

Isabelle wraps her arm around Rebekah's frame, allowing the blonde to rest her head on her shoulder. "Good idea, think you both can do that." Elena and Rebekah simultaneously roll their eyes but no longer argue with each other.

"Thank you," Bonnie says as both of the boats hit the edge of the island. Everyone grabs their bags from the boats and gets off.

Klaus throws his bag down onto the island and smirks at the look of annoyance on everyone's faces, "Chin up everyone, this is what we have been trying to do for weeks, and all of you are moping around for what."

"Shut up Klaus, no one wants to hear you jibber jabber about nonsense," Isabelle says when she throws herself to the ground and sprawls out like a starfish.

Damon walks over to Isabelle and lightly kicks her leg, Elena rolls her eyes at her boyfriend and drags him away from the group.

Everyone else begins to section off into small groups.

Bonnie is awkwardly taking pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, blushing every once in a while when they make eye contact.

Stefan and Shane quietly make conversation next to the boats, talking about who knows what, no one cares.

And then there is Klaus and Rebekah, standing over a very dramatic hybrid who is still laying on the dirt ground. "What's wrong with her?" Klaus question Rebekah, who just shrugs in response before grabbing both of Isabelle's hand and attempting to pull her upwards.

"C'mon love, I wanna find the cure. So get and help us." Isabelle grumbles when Rebekah successfully pulls Isabelle into a standing position.

Klaus silently laughs when Isabelle leans on Rebekah, causing the blonde to stumble backward slightly before wrapping her arms around the brunette's waist.

He's always been slightly envious of their relationship, he's not blind to the love that the two share, even before they had admitted to loving each other.        

"Alright everyone let's get going!" Shane shouts out to everyone, causing a low ground of annoyance from them all. It's just a little walking, besides, most of you can run fast anyway."

Damon shoulders past Shane and leads the group, "Doesn't mean that half of us want to be here."     

Rebekah grips Isabelle's hand and pulls her towards the trail, the two trailing behind Klaus as he silently follows the rest of the group.

After minutes of walking into the trail, Elena breaks the quiet. "Is anyone else a little creeped out by these woods."

"Then leave, out of everyone your presence is the least necessary," Rebekah snaps back, causing Isabelle to squeeze her hand.

Stefan rolls his eyes at the two, "Please do not start."

"I'm merely stating the facts, Jeremy has the spell in his body, Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure, Shane is the human compass. Me, Isabelle, and you have the tombstone which does god knows what." Rebekah explains with a small smirk on her face.