Chapter 27

"A scotch on the rocks please," Isabelle says as she waltzes into the grill before opening time, Matt looks up from the bar and glares at the hybrid.

"I don't serve traders before 11 am." He says harshly and goes back to wiping the counter, Isabelle chuckles at his bravery but sits down at the bar table anyway.

With Rebekah missing and Klaus leaving town to go to Italy, she has been very bored with her life lately. Leaving the hybrid to drink until she's drunk, or her liver gives out.

"Don't care, scotch on the rocks. Or I am feeding on your manager." She with a fake smile and motions for him to get the drink, her smile widens when at glares at her, but walks away nonetheless.

Isabelle turns around when she sees the door to the grill open, "Oh, Isabelle, have you seen Matt?" The girl asks timidly, causing Isabelle to roll her eyes.

"Sure, he's getting me a drink. What do you want?" She says in annoyance, bringing about a frown to April's face.

April walks closer to the bar and looks around, "I'm looking for Rebekah, and I thought he would know where she might be." When Isabelle quirks a questioning brow at her she continues. "Well you know, since they are kind of a thing."

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Matt and Rebekah are not a thing. You should be asking me considering she's my girlfriend. But by all means, ask Mattie." Isabelle says with a scowl and turns back around.

April produces a nervous laugh and crossed her arms over her chest, "Sorry I didn't know, do you know where she is. It's just she said she would help me find stuff out about the fire that killed my dad."

"Sorry, can't help you. Unfortunately, my girlfriend has gone on a hiatus and I don't know where she is." Isabelle says as she stands up and begins to walk out of the grill, no longer feeling like a drink.

However, before she does, a huge stake is lodged in her stomach. One that has been infused with wolfsbane and vervain.

"Trust me that's the least of your worries," Connor says as he drags the hybrid over to a table and forces her into the chair. He yells at the other two to sit down and walks over to the back of the grill to grab Jeremy Gilbert.

"I hate my life." Isabelle moans in pain and leans back against the chair.

"Gilbert gives me your cell phone," Connor says as he forces the boy into the chair.

Jeremy looks over at a pale Isabelle and a very frightened April, "Look at least let April go she doesn't have anything to do with this."

Connor grabs the phone from Jeremy's outstretched hand. "She has everything to do with this. Her and her father. Plus she and I have history"

"What are you talking about, I have never seen you before in my life," April says, frightened and confused out of her mind.

Isabelle attempts to pull the stake, and almost does, but the hunter shoves it right back in. Brings about a scream from the hybrid.

"You bitch," She mumbles and closes her eyes.

"You kids need to get on some vervain and don't just wear it as a bracelet where anybody can just take it off. Maybe then you'd remember our conversation at the hybrids yesterday." Connor says as he looks through the Gilbert boy's contacts.

"Our conversation, are you saying that someone compelled me?!" Jeremy says and looks at the slouching hybrid next to him.

"Don't look at me, I have no idea what's going on." She says with a deep breath and pulls herself up slightly.

April's eyes go wide in further confusion, "Can somebody please tell me what he is talking about."

"Compulsion. Secrets. Vampires." Connor says, causing the hybrid to give out a strangled laugh. Matt looks at her like she's some sort of crazy person.