Chapter 22

"You know, I think that you and my friend would get along," Isabelle says with a smile as she and Elijah sit in the car, driving to the Gilbert Residence.

Elijah chuckles in response, "Oh really."

Isabelle lets out a laugh, "Yeah, like when was the last time that you went on an actual date. And be honest."

Elijah looks at her with a smile and turns back to face the road. "I don't know, it's been a while since I've allowed myself to get close to anyone in that way." 

Isabelle gives him a sympathetic look, "Yes,  Rebekah told me all about your history with love, but that is not an excuse to just avoid all women for the rest of your immortal life."

"I'm not avoiding you," Elijah says with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah well, I don't count. I'm dating your sister." Isabelle says as Elijah parks the car in front of the Gilbert house.

Elijah shuts the car off and sighs in defeat, "What is this women's name." He asks the annoying hybrid.

"Hayley Marshall," Isabelle says simply and gets out of the black vehicle. Elijah rolls his eyes and follows the women to the house

Isabelle sighs as Elijah makes it to her side "Damn Klaus and his magnificent ability to piss people off."

Elijah gives her a faint smile and walks up to the porch, "Yes Niklaus does possess that trait."

"Well remind me when we get him back to give him a royal kick in the ass for making us go through all of this trouble for him." She says in annoyance as Elijah opens the door to the Gilbert residence.

He walks into the house, leaving Isabelle on the porch, who can't come in due to her vampire side. Elena then comes down the stairs and abruptly stops when she notices the two by the door.

"Stefan," Elena says in a quick nervous tone, the Salvatore walks into the room and notices Elijah standing in the house.

Stefan walks closer and takes his place next to Elena, "Elijah." He says as his eyes glance at Isabelle.

"Hello again," Elijah says in a calm tone of voice.

Isabelle puffs out air from her mouth, moving everyone's attention to her. "Sorry to interrupt, but I prefer to have this conversation in the house and not outside in the cold." She says with a fake smile on her face.

Stefan glares at the hybrid as Elena gives a small nod, "Come in."

Elijah hides his grin as he watches Isabelle dramatically step inside the house. "I wish to propose a deal to you, may I?" Elijah questions, motioning his hands to the table.

Elena once against nods her head and walks back into the kitchen, "I'm guessing that this has something to do with Klaus?" She says in a nervous tone and takes a seat.

"Yeah, while he is a pain in our ass, the idea of you idiots keeping him. Is not ideal, besides we'd be helping you out." Isabelle says in a condescending tone of voice.

Matt walks into the room with an eye roll, "Ok and what sort of agreement are you wanting to come to, exactly."

Elijah takes a seat at the table and clasps his hands together, "All we need is to take that stake away from Alaric. Once he has been disarmed, and the weapon is in my possession. My family will scatter to the ends of the earth and he will follow us."

Isabelle walks towards the kitchen and looks into the fridge, "And you'll just...run." Stefan says as he takes a seat next to Elena.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half-century while Elena can live out the rest of her natural life." Elijah says as he attempts to convince the Mystic Falls gang to hand over his brother.