Chapter 20

"So Sage, how are the boys doing," Isabelle questions the redhead that she's on the phone with.

"Oh great, they've only tried to kill each other like eleven times today. I think that's an improvement." Sage says sarcastically in response, she looks behind her and watches as the two brothers continue to argue over toothpaste.

"I agree, anyway don't tell them, but we got rid of the last white oak," Isabelle whispers to Sage, who gasps from the other line.

The two bickering brothers stop and look at her, she just smiles and shrugs. The two narrow their eyes at her but go back to their incessant arguing.

"That's great, but why shouldn't I tell them?" Sage questions the hybrid.

"The second they find out, the two will scurry to different ends of the planet. I want them to have to share a living space for just a little longer." Isabelle says with a smirk on her face.

Sage sighs with a smile on her face, "Alright then, I'll call you later. Finn just snapped Kol's neck so I'm gonna calm him down."

"Have fun, and don't forget about tonight" Isabelle says as she types a text that is meant for Elijah.

"I won't our flight leaves in about an hour, just have to hope that Kol wakes up by then," Sage says and hangs up the phone

The brunette walks back inside the mansion and into the living room, as Rebekah and Klaus conversate.

"I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me." Rebekah begs Klaus with her puppy dog eyes, the man glares at her but relents anyway.

"Ok, fine. One last hurrah." Klaus says with a fake smile and walks back over to his glorious painting.

Rebekah rolls her eyes at her brother's antics and turns her attention to Isabelle. "Alright love, you and I are going to find you a classic flapper dress to wear to the dance. And I don't want to hear any complaints." 

Isabelle raises her hands in mock surrender and laughs, "I'm not complaining, especially if i get to see you in a flapper dress." She says with a wiggle of her eyebrows, referring to the first time that the two met.

Rebekah raises her eyebrows in surprise, Klaus rolls his eyes and groans. "You two are disgusting." He says as he stabs his paintbrush into the black paint.

"I happen to find myself rather likable and her I thought we were becoming friends," Isabelle says as she places her hand on her chest in a dramatic way.

Klaus doesn't say anything as he continues to work on his painting, of what looks like a tree.

"C'mon my brother is still moody about Caroline, so let's leave him to mope," Rebekah says as she loops her arm through Isabelle's and leads them out of the room.

The two walk into Rebekah's room, the blonde walks over to her closet and looks through her 1920s attire. 

"Ok we have a couple of different options, but for you, I was thinking green for you because it'll bring out the blue in your eyes," Rebekah says as she holds up a pretty emerald green flapper dress.

Isabelle examines it from her spot on the bed and nods her head, "Good, now try it on." Rebekah says and throws the dress at Isabelle's face.

"Klaus is right, your manners suck," Isabelle says in a teasing tone of voice, Rebekah just gives her a flat look in response.

The hybrid stands up and walks into the bathroom, she quickly changes from her clothes and try's the dress on.

And she is in total awe when she looks in the mirror, "Do you like it?" Rebekah yells from outside the door as she continues to decide what dress to wear.