Chapter 17

"You know I was curious how much it would take for a hybrid to get hungover, If i were to guess, I'd say 4 bottles of bourbon," Isabella says as she examines the aspirin container sitting on the counter.

Klaus laughs from his spot, standing in front of an easel, "Aspirin is not going to help, just let it pass and you'll feel your bitchy self again." He says with a smirk, Isabella glares at him and throws the pillow at him.

Of course, he catches it and throws it right back at her.

"Oh, what is that I hear? Could it be my dear sister?" Klaus says in fake surprise as Rebekah walks into the room with a pink bathrobe on. Isabelle purses her lips to avoid bursting out into laughter.

"You will keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you," Rebekah mutters as she grabs the bottle of whiskey from the table and takes a chug. 

Klaus and Isabelle look at each other with raised eyebrows. "Umm Rebekah?" Isabelle questions as the blonde sit next to her.

"Just shhh.." Rebekah whisper, and leans her head onto Isabelle's shoulder.

"Klaus, how much alcohol would it take to make a thousand-year-old vampire get drunk?" Isabelle asks the hybrid, she looks down at the blonde when she hears light snoring from beside her.

Klaus snickers and continues to paint, "A lot more than four bottles." 

Isabelle sighs and pats Rebekah's head, "Any more progress on the whole white oak tree thing?" She asks him.

"I had an inkling that the wicker bridge was made of it, so I compelled Mayor Lockwood to give the bridge a, how you say it, 'makeover," Klaus says giving his best fake smile, Isabelle scoffs in response.

"God, you are like the Gossiper of the supernatural." She groans and throws her head back into the couch.

"Quit moving," Rebekah grumbles, with her eyes still closed, as she snuggles more into Isabelle's side.

Isabelle smirks as she gets an idea, she quickly stands up and holds Rebekah in her arms bridal style. "I think someone is still tired and needs to sleep, hmm?" Isabelle whispers in the blonde's ear.

Rebekah nods and lays her head on the brunette's chest.

"She's being dramatic, someone just wants attention," Klaus says, in response, his sister gives him the finger.

The hybrid speeds back to Rebekah's room and lays her on the bed, "You sleep, and I'll oversee the construction on the bridge today, yeah?" 

Rebekah nods and hugs the pillow closer to her body, Isabelle smiles at the blonde before kissing her on the forehead, "You are dramatic,"

Rebekah pushes her face away with her hand, "Go away." She says and turns her body in the other direction, Isabelle laughs and stands back up.

"I'll be back later." She says and walks out of the room, closing it behind her.

Isabelle walks back out to the main room and steals a peek at what Klaus is painting, "That's pretty," She says, startling the hybrid.

Klaus gives out a breathy chuckle and continues to paint, "You care for my sister." He states in an obvious tone.

"Yes, I thought that was obvious." She says in response, walks around the room, and picks up the whiskey that Rebekah had previously been drinking out of.

"I suppose so," He says and sets down his paintbrush. "Don't break her heart," Klaus says as a serious expression takes over his face.

Isabelle turns and looks at him with an equally serious look on her face, "Rebekah will come of no harm by my hand." She says and places the bottle back onto the side table.