Chapter 11

Turns out that Rebekah finding out Klaus killed her mother, had the result that I did not expect.

Turns out the Mystic falls gang has woken up Mikael, and now they have a real way to kill him. And Rebekah is in on it.

That's why I and Rebekah are currently walking over to the Salvatore boarding house.

"Rebekah please think about this," I say as we walk along the sidewalk. I know that if she does go through with this, she will regret it.

"I have thought about it." She says in a monotone voice. When she woke up this morning she wasn't as happy and sassy as she usually is.

As we were sitting in silence, Rebekah got a call from Elena about this whole plan. And let's say I didn't expect Rebekah in on it.

"No you haven't, I know you're mad at your brother. However this is not the way you should handle this," I say as I run to catch up to Rebekah's walking.

Rebekah abruptly turns around to face me, "Oh and how am I supposed to handle this, hmm?" She says as I bump into her.

"Look, I know you are upset and I know that you are very angry at Klaus, but being responsible for your brother's murder is something that you will regret," I whisper as I pull her closer to the other side of the sidewalk.

She rolls her eyes but I grab her hand. "Trust me, killing someone close to you. Just don't act completely based on how your feeling right now ok?" I question her.

She looks like she's considering it but then she rips her hand from my grip and continues to walk. "I decide what I'll regret." She says and the vamp speeds the rest of the way.

I sigh in defeat and vamp speed as well.

When I get there I see Elena, Stefan, Damon, and another random guy laying on the ground. Who I'm assuming is Mikael.

"Good you both made it," Damon says with a sarcastic smile. Stefan just rolls his eyes in response to his brother's antics.

"Yeah," I say and lock the door behind me. I walk into the living room and sit on one of their armchairs. "So what's next?" I ask them.

I know that I don't want Klaus killed.

Do I hate him? Yes.

Do I wish him dead? No.

This is because, I know what it's like to feel alone, and I felt that until I met my pack and Hayley. So really when you think about Klaus is just a person who has felt like no one understood him for a thousand years.

And even I couldn't imagine feeling that for so long.

"We'll call Klaus, let him know that Mikael's dead. And then he will come back because he will want the proof." Stefan says as he gets out his phone and dials a number.

As the phone rings, Stefan puts it to his ear. I make sure to listen in, even if I disagree with killing Klaus, I do want to know how they plan to do it.

"Stefan, once you get over all the whiny music and healthy-looking people. Portland is a breeding ground for werewolves." Klaus says as he answers the phone. And he sounds just like his usually overly cocky self.

"Your father's dead, oh my mistake, not your actual father. What do you want me to do with the body." Stefan says he couldn't have said to them any more suspiciously. Like c'mon Stefan, oh I'm so fucking smart, Salvatore.

Klaus falters for a minute. "Well, first I want you to tell me exactly what happened," Klaus says in his angry voice. Sounds like someone is annoyed. 

Stefan goes into a modified explanation about how Elena stabbed Mikael with the dagger.