Chapter 12

Annabel opened her eyes and sat up. She stretched and smiled, "Wow, that's the best sleep I've gotten in god knows how long," she said to herself as she got out of bed. "Too bad the dream wasn't real," She pouted as she headed to the bathroom.

"That took so much energy," Kota said smiling.

"But it was so worth it," Luke smiled. "She was so happy and she slept so well."

"You have to admit you enjoyed being in her dream last night," Marc said smirking.

"Oh I'm not denying it one bit," Kota shook his head, "I was just saying it took a lot out of us. How are we going to watch over her today? We need to rest and recuperate."

"We will take shifts," Owen said as he looked out the window. "That way we can enter her mind again tonight and be with her."

"Sounds like a plan to me," North nodded. "I enjoyed it."

"Da," Raven nodded.

"We all did," Brandon nodded.

"What do you think she will do today?" Axel asked.

"I have no idea," Silas said, "She is still an invigorating mystery to me."

Annabel stepped back into the bedroom while pulling her shirt down. The men groaned watching her as she finished getting dressed. She sat back down on the bed and pulled out her journal from the nightstand and her pen. "I had the most crazy and wonderful dream last night," She said as she nibbled on the end of her pen. She took a deep breath and started writing again. "Is it weird that part of me wished it could have happened in real life?" She sighed, "But unfortunately the reality is that it wasn't real and never will be real. As much as I wish I could be with them, not only to get to know them but just because my dream was so wonderful. I felt so much love, love I have never experienced in life and I know I never will. As much as I wish I could experience that love in real life I know I never will. It's amazing how something so small and simple could make me so happy and loved. Anyway, this is what my dream was about." She closed her eyes and smiled softly then opened them and started writing what happened in her dream. Once she was done, she closed the book and placed both it and the pen back in the nightstand drawer and closed it.

She picked up the lockbox holding the rings and sighed. She sat back down and grabbed the key from the necklace around her neck. She opened it and pulled out the rings.

"I can't display these until I have Owen's ring," She said softly. "It wouldn't be right." She held the rings and sighed as she put them gently back in the box. She picked up the ring for a female and held it.

"Put it on," they said in unison.

She sighed and placed it back in the box then shut it. She locked it and slipped the necklace holding the key back around her neck. She placed the lockbox in the safe that was in her closet and sighed as she came back into her bedroom.

"I think I will get started on that main office today," She said as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail. "All that wood will is going to take a lot of polishing, I'm going to have to order more polish soon. I think those journals will go in that bookcase as well, that's where they deserve to be."

She raced down the stairs and started grabbing cleaning supplies then headed to the main office. She opened the windows and stepped back. "Actually I think before I do that I will get some wallpaper and redo the walls first. I really don't feel like having to repeat what I did in the bedrooms," she chuckled as she headed to get her keys then left.

"She forgot to shut the windows," North growled, "Someone could come in through them and she would never know."

"Let's just shut them," Silas shook his head as they shut the office windows.

"She has a lot on her mind," Victor said as he turned off the radio as well. "Give her a break, she's restoring this place all by herself."

"She still needs to be careful," Kota pointed out.

"Hey do you think that ring will fucking fit her?" Gabe asked as he looked out the window. "I mean just think how goddamn awesome it would be if it did."

"Yeah that would be neat," Luke smiled then shook his head, "But I doubt she will try it on."

"Who knows," Marc shrugged, "Maybe Jess will give it to her."

"You think?" Kota asked and Marc shrugged again.

"Maybe," he said, "Stranger thinks have happened. I mean we never thought someone would move into our place and look a beautiful woman did and is restoring it and is interested in us also. Who would have thought that would happen? Anything could happen at this point, in my opinion."