Chapter 17

"I need to speak to Jessica," Nelson said smirking while trying to take a step into the house.

"I'm sorry but we are closed," Annabel said trying to be professional. "Visitors are not allowed in at the moment, you will have to wait until we are open."

Nelson tried to walk around her, "This is not a public building and Jessica owns it so I am free to visit my friend anytime I wish."

"You are not welcome," Jessica shook her head as she remained on the top of the stairs. "This is not my house so you are not allowed to enter."

"That's right," Owen glared as he stood behind Annabel. He saw her try to hold back a shiver and took a step closer to her. "We will not allow him to enter."

"There is no reason to hide it," Nelson smirked as he tried to enter the house again, but Annabel stood in front of him and moved the door closer to her, effectively cutting Jess out of his eyesight. He frowned and stood taller as if to try and intimidate her. "Everyone knows you are Dakota Lee's younger sister and you inherited the house after your mother Erica passed away."

"You need to leave," Annabel said sternly, "At this moment, since this building is under restoration, it is private property and in my name. All documentation is in my name and I am telling you that you are not welcome Sir, please leave before I have to call the authorities and have you arrested for trespassing."

"You have no right to do so," He glared at her. "My brother was a cop, I know my rights."

"Good," She smiled sweetly, "You have the right to leave or you will ruin his reputation when you get brought in for trespassing and harassment. Since you seem to know so much about this place then you already know that there are cameras everywhere recording everything. You will also know that I have no control over the recordings so there is no way for me to stop the live feed that is being sent to my bosses where they have clearly heard me ask and tell you repeatedly to leave the property. So my guess is that they probably have already alerted authorities, who probably have already made a call to your brother as a curtesy heads up, so it's not going to look good for your company Mr. Nelson Dixon when the public finds out what you are doing to me and my guest."

"Damn," Kota smirked as he stood by Jessica. "She has to be channeling you, Owen."

"Good girl Darling," Owen whispered as he took another step closer to her. He noticed her spine straighten even more as he placed his hand on her lower back.

"This isn't over," Nelson growled as he took a step back. "We still need to discuss you attending the historical gala as my plus one on Sunday and —"

"She already told you that she will not be attending with you, and she will not be attending the gala so go ask your wife," Annabel slammed the door in his face and locked it.

"He is getting on my last nerve!" Jess screamed. "That's the final straw. I'm calling my lawyer and getting a restraining order!" She stormed down the stairs towards the kitchen.

"Please tell me you felt that," Annabel said as she came into the kitchen to get some water.

"Felt what?" Jessica asked as she grabbed her laptop then sat down and started furiously typing away everything she could use as evidence against her former boss.

"You didn't feel that coldness in there? If it got any colder, I could've seen my breath," Annabel said as she tried to calm her racing heart.

Jess looked up from the laptop and shook her head, "I didn't feel anything like that."

"Weird," Annabel muttered as she sat at the table. "It was so cold while I was making sure that asshole didn't come inside." She shook her head, "I know it wasn't from him, he just gave me the major creeps."

"Maybe one of the guys was behind you for protection again," Jess shrugged as she went back to typing.

"Yeah maybe," Annabel sighed, "I'm going to go lay down, I'm getting a headache." She started to walk up the stairs and grabbed onto the railing. Her vision started to fade as she tried to call for Jess. As she faded from consciousness, she felt arms wrapping around her. She thought it was Jess, but noticed it was more than one person. She turned her head to see a pair of grey eyes looking back at her.

As they reach her room, she hears a voice soothing her to sleep, "It's going to be alright, Doll."