Chapter 50

50 Years Later

Over the years Jessica and Annabel kept the house as a museum for schools and everyone to tour as a reminder of what happened in the past. The following months after the arrests of the KKK members the town went through major changes. Like Maxwell stated, the police department went through a complete change. New officers were hired and went through numerous tests and background checks to make sure there was no association to hate groups. Numerous companies followed suit and Franklin's company was bought out and everyone that had ties to him were fired and new members were hired.

Major improvement and morale was seen over the years and there were even comments that it was almost like Mayberry in a sense since it was way more family like now.

Jessica eventually married her lawyer and Annabel was so happy for her. She eventually moved out and started a family. Natasha and Anastasia moved back to Russia while Willow and River moved back to Axel's family land. Maxwell found a wife and started a life for him as well. Annabel stayed in the house, remaining dedicated to her guys. She continued to wear the ring but she never saw or felt them again since they moved on.

Everyone remained in contact through the years and when Annabel got to the point she couldn't keep up with the needs and requirements of the mansion and museum part, River and her son Wolf moved in. Anastasia remained in Russia to take over the family business. Jessica's son Kota eventually moved in as well as Maxwell's daughter Leslie. Annabel smiled watching the relationship between Wolf, Kota, and Leslie form over the years.

"Aunty Anna," Leslie said as she knocked on Annabel's door then walked in. "Good morning."

"Child," Annabel said with barely any energy.

"What's wrong?" Leslie asked concerned rushing to her side. "Wolf! Kota!" Multiple footsteps rushed toward her room. "Call the doctor."

"No," Annabel breathed. "It's time, I know it."

"No," Leslie whispered as tears slid down her face. "You're fine Aunty Anna, just let me call the doctor."

"No more," Annabel breathed. "No more meds, I'm ready."

"No," Kota and Wolf shook their heads. "We need you."

"You are going to do wonderful things," Annabel gasped. "We are so proud of you and love you."

"Not yet," Leslie cried. "We just lost Mama Jess, we can't lose you too."

"We will always be with you," Annabel smiled softly patting her hand. "Always." She took a breath then smiled, "Do you see them?"

"We see them," Wolf smiled as tears streaked his face. Looking at the foot of the bed, the newest members of the Blackbourne Toma family saw their heroes smiling softly. "Go be happy Aunty Anna. We will make you proud."

"We love you," Leslie, Wolf, and Kota said crying softly.

Annabel smiled and took a breath then slowly let it out never taking another one again. They watched as a young woman with wavy bright red hair and shining green eyes suddenly stood by the bed with a huge smile on her face. She walked over to the three young adults and kissed them on the cheek and hugged them tightly. "I love you and am so proud of you. Live your life and be happy. Love conquers all. I love you so much. WE love you."

They nodded and smiled as she walked over to her true loves and they walked into the light finally together as one.