Chapter 31

"Hey did you order something from Amazon?" Jessica called out from the living room. "An Amazon truck just pulled up and the driver is getting something from the back."

"Yeah," Annabel said as she came down the stairs while pulling her hair up into a ponytail. "I got some stuff to finish up the art studio."

"Oh cool," Jess said as she opened the door and took a couple of boxes from the driver.

"Thanks," Annabel said as she took them from Jessica and sat them in the foyer before grabbing more.

"Damn girl," Jessica chuckled as the driver said he was going back to get more. "What all did you get?"

"Um, a couple of easels," Annabel thought for a moment, "different kinds of paints, brushes, some pins and sewing stuff since I found that mannequin and sewing machine in the attic, colored pencils, markers, oil pastels, office supplies to finish up the offices, stuff like that." She looked around at the numerous boxes and chuckled, "Maybe I went a little overboard?"

Jessica burst into laughter and shook her head, "Well I would help you but I actually have to get ready, I'm due in court for that restraining order."

"Are you going to be okay?" Annabel asked concerned and Jessica chuckled.

"I'll be fine, thanks," She hugged her, "I got so much evidence I'm guaranteed that RO."

"But that officer and your lawyer said that it won't do anything," Annabel said. "It's not going to stop him from bothering you."

"It won't," Jessica shook her head, "But at least this way I have documentation for every time he ignores it and eventually with enough documentation I can get him in jail."

"But at what cost?" Annabel asked. "What if he hurts you Jess?"

Jess chuckled, "I will be okay Girl. I got the training Nathan gave me plus the classes I took in honor of him. I'm a black belt now because of Nathan and my brothers, I'm okay." She shrugged, "Plus I have them protecting me if he tries anything here."

"Just be careful," Annabel said softly. "Please?"

"Of course," Jessica smirked as she headed up the stairs, "you have fun with all that you bought."

"Yeah," Annabel scoffed as she looked around at all the boxes again. "Well, food first," She said as she headed to the kitchen, "I don't need North having a temper tantrum again."

Gabe burst out laughing, "North having a temper tantrum, that's fucking brilliant."

"Shut up Gabe," North growled as he rolled his eyes. "I don't have tantrums."

"Sure tell yourself that," Luke chuckled. "You have to admit it was funny."

"No I don't," North shoved him. "At least she's finally eating."

"What are you thinking Kota?" Brandon asked as he watching Kota look up the stairs.

"Huh?" Kota asked then shook his head, "Oh nothing, just thinking about what Jess said."

"She sure is confident," Victor said smiling. "She get's that from you."

"I'm just glad she got additional training," Kota smiled softly. "Because of you Nathan."

"I'm glad she remembers what I taught her," Nathan smiled.

"She's a black belt because of you," Kota smiled like the proud big brother he was.

"Because of all of us," Nathan shook his head, "She's a strong, independent, confident lawyer and black belt because of all of us."

"She's going to be another Owen one day," Sean chuckled. "Taking over the world."

"Alright, I'll see you later," Jessica smiled as she came down the stairs in her suit and briefcase. "I'll call you on my way back so you will know it's me at the door."

"Maybe we should look into those camera doorbell things," Annabel suggested as she pulled the knife out of her pocket and opened a box. "But then it will take away from the original building."

"Look into it," Jessica shook her head, "Our safety is more important than the historical accuracy of the house. Besides we have the cameras outside."

"But those are different," Annabel shook her head. "They can be removed easily for historical photographs, the camera doorbell things can't."

"Just look into it," Jess chuckled, "after you finish with all this."

"Yeah, yeah," Annabel smirked. "Have fun in court putting that asshole in his place."

"Oh I will, Jessica laughed as she walked out the door. "You have fun with all your arts and craft stuff."

"Time for some music," Annabel chuckled as she turned on some Alice Cooper. "Alright, first things first, find out which boxes go in which room." She pulled her rainbow pocket knife back out and opened another box. She pulled her sharpie out of her pocket and labeled which room it went to. She looked around and chuckled, "Maybe Jess was right I am turning into Gabe when it comes to shopping."