Chapter 19

"I'll be fine I just need to rest for a bit." Annabel tried to reassure Jess, who still seemed worried about her health, with little success. "I'm just going to sit in the foyer. Can you get a box of tacks when you go? I need them for the exhibits."

"OK. Do you want double-sided tape instead? It might look better for the pictures." Jess always tried to help when it came to preservation. "I could also go get film covers for them if you want?" She was trying so hard just to protect her brothers' memories, it was admirable.

"That would be great. I'm just gonna sit here and finish the board to go in the case I ordered." Annabel had laid out some photos of the guys in the foyer and had printed description boards to go along with them. "Since I need to take it easy this will still be getting some work done."

"Good point." Jess started to walk towards the front door and then turned around. "Hey are the rings gonna go in that case?" Jess questioned.

"Yeah. I thought it would be a good place since this was a room meant for all of them." She knew the case wouldn't be ready until they found Owen's ring, but it was a good way to remind herself that it was still out there. "I can move them if you think I should."

"No, I think that's perfect." Jess said. "The case is coming in today so you could put them in there instead of leaving them in that box." She motioned to where the case was going to go with her hands.

Annabel stood up from where she was working. "Yeah, I'll go get them." She headed to the stairs. As she started to go up Jess reached for her, and Annabel turned around. "I'm fine Jess. I promise." As she continued up the stairs, she heard Jessica leave. She entered the bedroom and stood in front of the nightstand that held the lockbox of rings. She smiled softly as she pulled the box out of the drawer and memories of the dream entered her mind. She carried the box downstairs and sat back down at Owen's desk where she was previously working. She started to match up the photos to the description cards. As she was working, she heard a knock on the door. She walked over and opened the doors to greet the person knocking.

"Hello Miss. We're here to deliver a glass case. Are you Annabel Stewart?" The delivery man said while looking down at his clipboard. She confirmed and signed the delivery slip. "Where would you like us to put it?"

"Right over here in between the desk and the door to the office." The delivery man and his assistant moved the case while Annabel watched to make sure nothing was damaged in the room then left when she was happy with where they put it.

"She looks good at your desk," Sean said smiling as he and Owen watched her work.

"Yes, she does," Owen confirmed.

"How is she really?" North asked concerned, "She will tell Jess anything, so she doesn't worry over her."

"She is being careful," Sean said, "She is resting while also working. I think now that she knows we are watching over her she is being extra cautious. Now how I really wanted her to accept us, but it works, at least she isn't freaking out and leaving so I'll take it."

Annabel smiled as she looked at all the pictures that were spread out on the desk. "Here we go," Jess smiled as she came in with bags in each hand. She pulled everything out started handing some stuff to Annabel. "What can I do to help?" she asked so Annabel showed her how she wanted everything displayed.

They spent the next few hours getting the pictures protected and rearranged until the display was perfect. Jess also told her background stories on some of the pictures. "Growing up with them sounded amazing," Annabel smiled as they stood back and looked at their work.

"It really was," Jess smiled and sighed, "Well, I'm going to head out for a while, I have a dinner meeting with my lawyer about a certain asshole."

Annabel burst out laughing, "Have fun with that."

"Oh, I will. I found out at the store today that the cashier has noticed him following me home, and that they have video cameras that would have been able to catch him in the act." Jess said with a confident grin. She walked to the door and waved over her shoulder as Annabel went back to putting the final touches on the board.

She went to slide it into the case and adjusted it slightly. She looked at all the pictures. In the top right corner, there was a picture of Sean examining Nathan, who had a black eye, and in the background, you can see Raven fidgeting with one of his guns. In the top left corner, there was a picture of Victor playing the piano, with Luke eating off of a tray of muffins, and Marc standing next to him drinking a cup of coffee. There was a picture of North and Brandon working on cars under the second photo, and Corey examining a new computer on Owen's desk with Owen in the bottom left corner. Another picture showed Kota looking over some paperwork while Gabe was looking at different fabrics, and in the background, Silas was working on some carpentry project and Axel was playing with Max in the yard. In the center there was a picture of all of them standing in front of the house.

Annabel stepped back to take in all the pictures and smiled, it was looking perfect. She sat back down and looked at the lock box. She took a soft breath and opened it. Memories of the dream filled her mind as she stared back at the rings.

"Put it on," the guys said in unison.

She moved over to the case and opened the lower compartment. She placed the rings in a pattern one by one until she got to the female ring. She took it out of the box and held it up to look at it. "It wouldn't hurt to try it." She whispered to herself. She slipped the ring on her finger and stared in awe at how well it fit. She looked back up at the case and saw a figure standing behind her in the reflection of the glass.