Chapter 35

"You are the only one I trust with this," Annabel said as she passed the box over to the thin skinny woman with large round glasses.

"Oh Honey you know I will protect this shit with my soul," She smiled as she pulled her blue box braids back so they wouldn't be in the way. "This is justice for my people also. I remember my momma talking about them. It hurt our community when this happened. Did you know the doc and two others came and saw my uncle when he was attacked even though he was in Louisiana?"

"I didn't know that Ebony," Annabel shook her head. "That's wonderful. Your uncle?"

"That old coot made it," Ebony smirked, "He helped the resistance and opened a home for runaway teens that were thrown out by their parents for being different."

"That's awesome," Annabel smiled and took a deep breath. "Ebony, just so you know..."

"This is will shocking?" Ebony asked and Annabel nodded. "I'm aware, Honey. It's motivation to get these youngins justice. I'm gonna do everything I can to find DNA and identify these fuckers. You sure everything is in this box?"

"Yes Ma'am," Annabel nodded. "It's the box the man gave me, as far as I know only me and him touched it. But while he had it I have no idea."

"And you don't know who he is?" Ebony asked and Annabel shook her head.

"No, just someone that reeked of power and authority. The fact he had the nerve to talk to me showed me he had no fear of repercussions and his car cost more money than I'll ever make in a decade. He was all money and arrogance. I wanted to smack his smirk off when he tried ordering me to shut the museum down. He actually told me if I don't stop restoring the place then the same thing that happened to them may happen to me."

"That may be his downfall then," Ebony chuckled. "I'll do my best Honey and as soon as I know something I will call you immediately."

"Thank you," Annabel smiled and started to walk away. She stopped and turned back to her friend, "Hey Ebony?" She asked nervously.

"I won't tell a soul," Ebony chuckled, "Well, maybe I'll go visit Marie Laveau for advice and protection but I won't have to tell her why, she will already know."

"Thank Ebony," Annabel smiled, "I really appreciate this."

"Of course Honey," Ebony smiled, "I would be pissed if I found out you had this kind of stuff and didn't come see me."

"I would never," Annabel shook her head, "I don't trust anyone else with this kind of stuff." Ebony smirked and pointed to the door, so Annabel left.

When she pulled up to the mansion, she saw someone standing on the porch. She frowned in confusion because Jessica wasn't home, and she wasn't expecting any packages.

She got out of the car and sighed when she realized who was on the porch, "Can I help you Mr. Dixon?" Annabel asked with annoyance in her voice.

"I need to speak with Jessica," Nelson said smirking.

"Well, I'm not sorry to inform you that she is not here," Annabel said crossing her arms over her chest. "Is there anything else Sir?"

"Where is she?" Nelson asked glaring at her. "Don't you know that it is rude to not invite someone in when they are visiting?"

"I know my manners Sir," She smirked back at him. "But you must be confused because you are not visiting so I don't have to invite you in and this is private property so I am not forced to allow you inside. Even when this is a public place there will be hours of visitation and seven in the morning is not normal business hours so even then you are not welcome. Now if there is nothing else to discuss you may leave, Sir." She stood there refusing to move towards the door to unlock it.

"I need to speak to Jessica," Nelson seethed, "Now let me in so I can talk to her."

"I have already told you Mr. Dixon that she is not here," Annabel said calmly, "so I will not be allowing you entrance into the building."

"Where is she?" He glared, "I need to speak to her immediately."

"It's not my business to keep track of her whereabouts," Annabel shrugged smirking. "I just know she is not here, she could be anywhere for all I know. Maybe she is even in a different state."

"You...." He took a step towards her. She refused to back down as he stood inches from her. "You bitch, I know you are trying to hide her from me. I will find where she is and you will pay for your hindrance."

"I would love to see you try," Annabel smirked as she stared him down. He scoffed and stormed off. Once she was sure he was off the property she walked inside, shut the door and slid to the floor shaking.

She quickly grabbed her cellphone, "Jess, Nelson was just here flipping out because you aren't here. He is on the hunt for you so whatever you do, don't come here or your apartment. Be careful, he's livid."