Chapter 20

"All of the paperwork seems to be in order for us to go through with it." The lawyer handed Jess a paper and she signed it. She handed it back and he stuck it back in his briefcase. "I will warn you that in cases like this the restraining order might not stop the harassment. It might be a good idea to install cameras or find another way of deterring him."

"Do you think I need to find somewhere else to stay until he moves on?" Jess questioned anxiously. "Couldn't I just have him arrested if he ignores the order?"

The lawyer looked around cautiously. "I'm going to be completely transparent here," he leaned in over the table, "I don't think the police will be much help to you in this situation, especially considering who he is. You know how thick blood can be here in Mississippi. If it were me, I wouldn't risk it. Everyone knows who your brother was. I wouldn't doubt some of the people who hurt him still have a lot of power here." He made a slight motion with his head insinuating he knew something he couldn't speak about in public.

Jess stiffened a little. She wasn't going to hide away while Nelson walked free, but she didn't want to leave either, and now knowing that the police might have had something to do with her brother and what happened to the guys she was not about to run away and let it keep happening. "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for all of your help." She walked out of the restaurant and got in her car. She thought of her mom and made the decision to go back to her apartment to grab something she had left her. Hopefully it would help bring all of this to an end.

(Meanwhile)

Annabel whipped her whole body around and braced herself against the case behind her. Her red curls fly into her face masking the figure. As she moves her curls out of the way, the figure came into view, and she stared into his blue and green eyes in shock.

He watches as her red wavy curls shift along her back. "Well, it wouldn't hurt to try it," She whispers.

"Is she gonna do it?" He took a step forward and she quickly turned around to face him. She moved her hair out of her face and gasped as they stared at one another. She could see him, he realized as he smiled at her.

"Marc," She whispers as she takes in his brown hair and a smirk appears on his lips.

"Hello Beautiful," he said soothingly as to not frighten her.

"Hey Cupcake," A voice said in her ear behind her making her jump in surprise. She turned back around to see a tall blonde haired brown eyed man standing there with a huge grin on his face.

"Lucian," She gasped trying to catch her breath. "You are going to give me a heart attack." She started to stumble a little bit.

"Sorry Cupcake," he pouted. He grabbed her hand to steady her, and they both looked down in awe.

She slowly turned and realized that the whole group was in the room. She carefully walked to each of them, as if they would disappear with the slightest wrong move. As she came up to each of them, she reached out to touch them. As she walked up to Owen, the last of the group, she reached to touch his hand, and he reached out to touch her as well. Instead of feeling his cool touch, his hand went right through hers sending tingles and shivers to race up her arm. She frowned in confusion then tears filled her eyes when he started to move his lips, but she couldn't hear what he was saying.

"What is going on?" she asked as tears slipped down her face.

"Don't cry Doll," Axel said as he reached over and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Why can't I feel or hear Owen?" She asked as she tried reaching out to him again, but her hand couldn't feel his cheek as he looked down at her with sad eyes. "Why can I feel and hear all of you but not him?"

"We don't know Princess," Victor said sadly, "but we will try and figure it out."

"We can tell you what he is saying, Sweetheart," Corey said softly. "He said not to cry, it will be okay."

North came up behind her and gently pulled her down to sit. As his arms wrapped around her, she noticed the ring on his finger glowing faintly. She looked towards the case. The rings were all still in there, but all the guys had rings on except Owen. She stood slowly and turned towards the case and whispered, "The ring."