Countryside (future)

You sat on the wooden terrace of the small house, your face warm from the sun and your hair swaying lazily in the fresh breeze. You looked down the gentle hill onto a beautiful landscape full of neverending green fields, luscious forests, and relaxing quiet. You sighed happily and stretched out your feet, brushing over the soft grass in front of the porch. Some birds sat down on the old, wobbly fence, surrounding the little garden behind the hut, and seemingly started to observe you, sitting there in your flowy summer dress. They chirped away happily, jumping between the fence and the gnarled branches of the old plum trees. The sweet scent of the ripe fruits lay in the air and mixed with the spicy one of the herb garden next to the wooden hut. It was like paradise and you closed your eyes, letting your mind rest and soaking up the beautiful atmosphere.

Suddenly the birds chirped loudly and started to scatter away. Your eyes remained closed as you heard the clacking of claws on the old floor and a smile ghosted over your face.

You laughed and leaned back, lying down on the warm wood. "Come here you two!" Your voice sounded through the tranquility of the moment and excited panting your only answer. With a giggle you tried to fend off the cold snouts, now pressing into your face, and opened your eyes. With a swift motion, you grabbed the smaller one of the two furballs and started to scratch his neck furiously. Your motions were welcomed with a content sigh and a loving look to your face.

"Good boy, Tannie!" You laughed as the small, black dog licked your hand affectionately, while the other dog tried to gain your attention by climbing onto you too.

"Oh Ted, I know you are there too! Don't be jealous." You chuckled and tousled through the long, white fur of the second dog, now proudly sitting on top of you too. "Where is appa ?" You asked the dogs while scratching their necks. Your question was soon answered, as you heard someone rummaging in the small kitchen and humming a little melody. You closed your eyes again, softly caressing the dog's fur and listening to the beautiful voice. Your mind drifted away, your body relaxing fully in the quiet moment.

"Oh, are you sleepy, darling?" Soft hands pulled your head up and placed it on a pair of crossed legs. The dogs jolted off of you and excitedly jumped around the man, now stroking your hair lovingly.

"A bit." You looked up to him, his dark curls hanging in his forehead, his tanned skin glowing softly in the warm sun. "It is just so relaxing here."

"Yeah, I know. I grew up here, so..." He looked out to the garden, the field, and the forest. A melancholic smile ghosted over his face and he stroked the two dogs standing at his side absentmindedly.

"Do you miss being here? In the countryside?"

He sighed and shook his head slowly. "No, not exactly. I like living in Seoul. The people, the busy streets, my life there. But sometimes I miss the tranquility, the quiet of the country. And how slow the time goes by here."

"Oh, I know this feeling." You chuckled and sat back up, turning your body to his and gently cupping his face with your hands. "Sometimes the time runs in the city. Appointments, events, concerts, meetings, and trying to fit in some quality time with all of you. Not easy."

His eyes turned soft as his gaze fell on you. A beautiful smile graced his lips and he leaned forward, placing them on yours. You returned his kiss and climbed onto his lap, wrapping your legs around him. "But I am so grateful to have moments like this." You chuckled and let your hands wander over his firm arms. He was only wearing a tank top, so you had full access to them, gently caressing over the sunkissed caramel skin. "Moments alone with my handsome country boy for example. And our two cute dogs."

He grinned over your words, resting his forehead on yours. "I noticed that you have been kind of stressed and tense lately." He looked you into your eyes, his face turned into a serious expression. "Well, all of us noticed it."