We got your back

You walked along the main hallway of your office, your eyes glued to your phone and your mind in some far away spheres. With a sight you read Namjoons message, again and again, your head almost spinning at that point.

Joon: Waking up next to you would be a dream...

You knew he didn't want to pressure you, he just wanted to assure you that he was very comfortable with the thought of you living together with all of them. But something deep down in your mind held you off from just accepting their generous offer. There was so much hurt and so much fear, this wasn't easy to just overlook. After your crushing experience of moving together in your last relationship, you never had the guts to do it again. Only having lighthearted flings, your heart secured in one spot, not ready to be given to someone other than yourself. But now, things got complicated. Not only one person had a tight hold of your heart at that point ... no ... if you were being honest there were seven people now. Sure, not all of them knew that yet and the closeness to them differed. But in the end, you knew you were lost to them, no matter what. And you also knew you trusted them with all you had. But was it enough? Last time it wasn't, so what would be different?

Your thoughts were suddenly interrupted by someone calling you from the office's small kitchen, right next to the lounge area. You looked up and with some quick steps, you found yourself in the kitchen's doorway, smiling friendly at the two persons sitting at the glass table in one corner.

"Hey, Y/N." The young, elegantly dressed man greeted you with a big smile. He patted on the chair next to him and then pointed to the transparent containers full of delicious-looking food at the table. "Do you want to eat with us? My boyfriend made way too much food."

"Yeah, boss. Join us." Do-Yun said with a grin, knowing perfectly well that she could tease you with that title, and she often did.

With a happy smile, you nodded and quickly sat down on the wooden chair. Jae handed you a pair of chopsticks and you immediately dug in.

"Thank god, our plan worked." Do-Yun said with an amused voice and gave the young man next to her a high five.

"Phwath?" You asked, looking up at them surprised, your mouth full of delicious rice and vegetables.

Do-Yun sighed and leaned her slightly round face on her hands. "You skipped meals again, Y/N." Her long brown hair flowed down her shoulders, over her striped shirt and denim dungaree. "This isn't healthy, you know. You always run around, trying to have perfect control over everything. Yes, you do take some days off from time to time, but on workdays, you are the first one to come in and the last to get out. And then you don't eat all day!"

With a pout you leaned back, munching on the food with a defiant expression. "Bfhut I ..."

"Oh, dear lord. Please just finish eating your food, before you speak, Y/N." With a giggle Jae held out a napkin, looking at you with a soft expression. The black and white looked good on him, especially paired with the vintage leather jacket and his long, brown hair. "Jesus. I am almost seven years younger than you and feel like I am your freaking mother."

You quickly swallowed and then looked at the young man apologetically. "Sorry, Jae. Thank you for being such a good friend."

With a grin, he just nodded and waved you off. It was funny how quickly you both got along. He just started his training in your office around a month ago and now you were really good friends. He was a talented designer, though he didn't have any education or graduation from a design school. But he had sown clothes since he was a child and that showed. He had a real sense for functionality and you liked that he complimented Ji-ho's very artistic qualities, making them a good team, at least theoretically. In reality, you found that they had a somewhat cold atmosphere around them when they worked together. But you hadn't found out why. Jae was a bit hesitant to speak about work when you met in private and vice versa. You respected that, so you let it slide ... for the moment.