The mask falls

"So...relax, Y/N. Relax and let your Hobi and Yoongles take care of you, okay?" Hoseoks voice was heavy with lust. His eyes wandered over you with such a hunger, you only had seen at that birthday party. Or right before he gifted you so much pleasure in that bathtub. It was the same burning sensation, the same unbearable tension between you, every. Damn. Time. But sometimes you wondered if there was more. More than just arousal and lust. More than Hoseok being calm and collected. Smiling brightly and reassuring everyone that he was alright. More to your relationship.

"Hobi, I..." You tried to say, but he quickly snatched your chin, pulled your face to his, and pressed his lips onto yours. His hand drove down to your bottom and squeezed it tightly. His body pressed closer, letting you feel his growing erection.

It felt good. So good. You couldn't lie. But also ... not. The lust suddenly mixed with a confusing tingle of restriction. An uneasy pinch of an overwhelming reluctance. In the eye of the heavy dispute this morning, fanned mostly between you and him, and the overall feeling of a threat you just realized today, it didn't feel right. Something was way off.

So you quarreled with yourself. Should you follow the warmth his kisses triggered inside of you? Or would you give in to the uneasiness and push him away? You didn't know. You couldn't think properly. His hands and lips were demanding. Longing for you. Trying to grab, feel and taste as much as they could. For a moment you struggled with yourself, to just let go and him to have his way. Or to shove him to the side. Free yourself.

Suddenly a voice came from your side, interrupting your confusing thoughts.

"Hoseok, stop." Yoongi said very calmly. You could still feel his hands softly caressing your lower back. As if he wanted to reassure you. That he knew how you felt. That he was there and would take action, even if he knew you could too. "Love, listen." The small rapper lifted one of his hands to his boyfriend's face that was still kissing the soul out of you and gently drove over his cheek. "Don't make the same mistake again. You know..." With a chuckle, he leaned forward and placed his lips on the other man's earlobe. "...like we did back then?"

That seemed to finally get the other men's attention. His kisses got calmer, softer. More loving. And finally, after one kiss so light, you almost couldn't feel it anymore, he backed off. And then you saw it. Just like you suspected.

Desperation.

Pure, endless desperation.

And then a tear. Making its way down his beautiful face. Getting stuck in the corner of his beautiful mouth. He stared at you. Tired. Exhausted. Overwhelmed. Just like yourself. For a moment you just stood there, looked each other in the eyes, and said nothing. And then he started to speak. Quiet. Soft. In a way, you have never heard him before.

"I am so sorry Y/N." He sighed deeply. "Not only for forcing myself onto you without asking for consent. But also because I lied to you."

Surprised your eyes widened, but you remained silent. Knowing perfectly well that he needed to say those words without interruption. Yoongi just smiled and put his hands on both of your backs, rubbing over them reassuringly.

"I lied because I was... I was helpless. And so scared." Another wave of tears swells from his eyes. "Remember when I told you I wasn't sure what this was ... between us?"

"Y-yeah." Carefully you nodded your head. A faint smile creeping up on your lips. "When we talked after the birthday party. In the hotel room."

"Hmmm. Yeah." For a moment you could see a glimmer in his eyes and instantly knew he remembered too. Especially the intense hours of your first intimate moments together. "I think I knew back then and I definitely know it now." He inhaled slowly, seemingly unsure how he should phrase the next few words. His eyes adverted to yours, searching for something. His fingers softly graced the back of your hand. Little sparks shot through it. A hot trail of tingles was left behind where he touched you. And then he smiled. "I fell for you, Y/N."