Blow it up - The conference II

"Yes." You smiled, running your hand through your wavy, blonde hair. "Yes, I am."

The room exploded in a matter of seconds. Shouts, flashes of the cameras, and agitated mumbling. But you only looked at this strange woman, your lips curled into a twisted grin. You had to admit, you enjoyed this moment far too much. You knew she hoped that you would try to avoid the question or mumble something about your private life and that you had no time to date. She wanted to bring you to a fall. But ... not with you. Not today. Not, when you were determined to fight back for the life you wanted. With them. With Jae and Do-yun.

"And before you ask. No. I am not dating anyone presently." Your grin got wider, as the crowd got louder. Hands were thrown upwards, snapping sounds and people trying to get your attention, filling the busy room. With a last mocking scoff, your eyes turned away from the woman with the wide eyes and the open mouth, wandering over the roaring crowd to pick the next interviewer.

"You. With the red baseball cap." Your head tilted to the side, as you bluntly pointed to the young man in the second row, a bold smile on your face.

He jolted from his seat, his cheeks tinted in pink, ripping the cap from his head and bowing lowly.

"Please, tell me your name." Your voice was calm and a bit flirty. And it was all an act.

It was part of this image, you wanted to portray from now on. The bold woman, with the wicked smile, determined, sexy, desirable. It was Bangs's idea. He knew a shy and modest woman wouldn't get as much attention and credibility, as this very fierce, bossy businesswoman. The press surely had hoped to see a broken woman, maybe angry, maybe sad over all those rumors. Someone disappearing from the spotlight too scared over the hate and the criticism. But you couldn't allow this woman to be your fate. No. You would fight. Just as you promised Namjoon.

"G-gwan Cho, from ... from ..." He nervously started to say, his voice a bit trembly. You didn't even get the name from his company, because he stuttered that heavily.

"Hello, Cho. So ..." You leaned back to your seat and exhaled slowly, this plastered grin still on your face. "...what do you want to ask me, hm?"

"I....I..." He got smaller and smaller, the blush more prominent. Some of the people around him started to chuckle.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Don't mock him, because he is a bit shy." Your voice was playful, but with a stern pinch. You didn't like it, that they made fun of him, just because he was more of an introvert. "Take your time. Please." With a friendly nod, you straightened up and looked at him expectantly.

"I ..." He cleared his throat and looked down to his notepad helplessly. "I...just wanted to ask..." He closed his eyes in embarrassment. "Ask ... who are you dating ... then?"

Finally.

You knew that he wanted to ask this, the moment your eyes fell on him. It wasn't hard to determine this outcome. After all, this was the question, probably burning in the mind of everyone. And you gladly answered it, just the way you had rehearsed with Bang and Namjoon.

"What a hell ride..." Jimin mumbled, when you walked down the long, white hallway, back to the styling rooms. "I am exhausted as fuck." He groaned and stretched out his limbs, giving you a careful glance from the side.

"I am okay, Minnie. Don't look at me like that." You grumbled scoldingly, biting down your lip and trying to contain this weird energy, floating through your body. "It went well and they swallowed this little white lie of mine. So..." Your eyes were looking lifeless into the long room, not aiming at anything.