Shoot and score

"Oh no! No no no no!" Your eyes were opened wide and your voice sounded alarmed through the big room. "Bunny, for god's sake. Where are you?! I need backup!"

A chuckle came from your side. "No worries, baby. I got you." And with that another character jumped in your field of view on the screen, mowing down the horde of monsters in front of you with his flamethrower.

"Better late than never." You said wryly and threw your boyfriend a disgruntled look. You quickly healed your character and followed the bulky figure close behind, shooting some of the creatures with your laser cannon.

"Well, if someone would have waited for her boyfriend to catch up, someone would not find themselves surrounded by skags." The amusement in his voice was audible and you scoffed.

"But you took forever to choose your fucking weapon! I didn't want to wait until tomorrow." With a laugh you nudged him gently with your shoulder, still looking at the screen. You felt his cute apologetic bunny smile tingling on your face. But you had to concentrate, so you didn't turn your head and just grinned widely.

"Sorry, baby. But I just found a whole bunch of nice weapons last time, so I couldn't decide..."

"Okay. Now back to the game, Kook. Those monsters aren't gonna end themselves."

Both of you continued to play the game intensely, only mumbling some quick commands here and there. After some time you noticed someone sitting down on the large sofa behind you, laying his hands on your shoulders and placing a soft kiss on your head.

"How's it going, nerds?"

With a grin you leaned back and cuddled into a firm chest clothed with a soft hoodie, not breaking your eye contact with the screen.

"Good, good." Jungkook said absent-minded, his eyes glued to the game. The person behind you chuckled amused and started to gently massage your neck. With a pleasant grunt, you slowly closed your eyes, your stiff neck yearning for the man's attention. The last few days were stressful. The big project for the museum didn't go quite as planned until this point. Some materials were delayed in shipment, some of your equipment broke down and the mood in the office was somehow a little tense. You didn't know why, but everyone seemed to be on edge. Even Ji-ho. She sometimes made a snarky remark or weird look when you gave instructions for something. And Do-Yun seemed to be stressed lately. She was reserved in talking about her private life, so you didn't know why. And Sang-hoon, well... He was kind of difficult. Since the office party and his day off, you caught him looking at you all the time, an unreadable glare on his face. You had tried to speak about the tension, but no one was open to sharing their thoughts on that. So you decided to let it go and give all of them some time. Maybe it was just because there were all these delays and hardships.

"Y/N! What are you doing?!" Jungkook said with clear disbelief in his voice. Panicked, you opened your eyes again and tried to do some damage control. Your character was surrounded by monsters and didn't move, wounded badly. You clearly zoned out a moment here. With sight, you laid down the controller and gently tugged on Jungkook's shirt.

"Bun, can we take a break, please?" Your voice was strained and he immediately reacted to it. With some quick pads on the controller, he stopped the game and turned to you, his face concerned.

"Baby, are you alright?" He tilted his head and looked at the person behind you questioningly, trying to find out if the other knew anything. He was answered with a confused headshake.

You sighed and let your head fall back, suddenly taking in the sight of a very blonde Jimin. You jolted upwards, almost hitting his chin with your head, and turned around.